unable to disable motion zones for lights

I cannot disable motion zones for lights on my spotlight cam. I save the setting to turn off all zones for the lights but it resets back to all zone on at minimal setting. Cannot turn it off completely anymore.

1 Like

Hey @SCUBAGUYRON. Could you try removing the Ring app from your phone, restart your phone, and then reinstall the Ring app? After you do this, try to disable the motion zone again for the lights. If you continue to run into this concern after the fact, please let me know what kind of Spotlight Cam you have (battery or wired) and then also take a screen recording on you performing this and it not saving!

Hello,

Same here, I got the exact issue on the app.

When I turn off all the motionn in the APP and save.

Then go back to main page, all the setting will revert to ā€œONā€

Forgot to tell, mine is Spotlight Cam Wired

And just bought it a week ago.

I did the reinstall here all the same.

It was working properly, not sure if the issue was caused by the activation of profession monitor service after 7 days?

I installed 2 wired floodlight cams today - exactly the same issue. Annoying as the neighbours keep activating the lights constantly.

Same issue here. Updated app. Removed app. Same results. When you disable a motion zone it defaults to back on. If you change the motion zone depth/sensitivity those settings stay. But not the OFF.

Nope. Didnā€™t work. Its a spotlight cam wired.

Same behavior here. Wasnā€™t an issue when I tried turning my this off back in Jan/Feb. Something definitely changed since then. Iā€™m wondering if it was around when the ā€œMode Settingsā€ went LIVE?

I installed a wired spotlight cam yesterday and I also am unable to have my chosen settings for ā€˜motion zones for lightsā€™ saved by the App.

As mentioned by others in this thread, the App saves the distance setting but continuously reverts zones to ā€˜onā€™ after you enter the main menu/dashboard.

i dare not to touch the settings on my other spotlight cam (installed one year ago) which DOES have several zones disabled.

any updates on when this will be fixed?

Roger

Thank you for this information, neighbors. We appreciate your patience while the team continues to investigate this. Weā€™re going to have a Ring team member contact you using the same email address associated with your Community log in and Ring account. Weā€™ll be able to give you a more direct line of support and deliver information to the appropriate team at Ring. We will continue to update you with information from the team when we have a more permanent fix.

Thank you for this information, neighbors. For now, I have accepted this post as a solution. While we are aware of this concern and as the team continues to investigate, this is a helpful way for other neighbors that come into this thread to try these recommended troubleshooting steps. In addition, any neighbor that comments in this thread with having this concern will be reached out to personally in order to issue a fix from our end. Please continue to share examples as to what happens so we can pass it along to the appropriate teams. We appreciate your patience and will continue to update this thread with more information. Thank you again!

I have the same issues and did all above as well as talking to support over the phone. Please fix this ASAP! thanks!

Iā€™m also having the same issue. I removed the app and reinstalled the app. Updated my phone and even unpaired and repaired the ring. The motion zones for lights keep turning back on. Iā€™m not able to disable them without them reverting back to on. Please fix this!

Having the same issue. After disabling lightning zones the values are reset and they are turned back on

Thanks, neighbors. The team is aware and working on a fix. We will update you once that is available. Thank you for your patience.

I have the same issue. I just installed the device. This is very disappointingā€¦ the camera is at the front of my terrace propertyā€¦ the light keeps going off when ever a car or person walks past which is often. Iā€™ve had to switch it off until this is fixed. Please contact us immediately, until this is fixed I canā€™t use the camera. Itā€™s a Ring Spotlight Camera wired.

I have the same probleem. Switched off zones are not saved. Please give me advice to solve this. I am bothering my neighbors with my lights.

This is not solved. Why is it marked as solved??? Please fix soon and u mark as solved to mislead readers

To further follow up. Ring called me as well and stated they could make the change in the background. This only partly ā€œsolves ā€œ the problem. I had them set the light to off so if we entertain people on our back patio, thereā€™s no spotlight blinding our guests. However now we have no lights for security purposes. I hope they fix this soon as I need to be able to change the settings at will. This is not solved.

Hey neighbors! Just wanted to pass on word that I heard from my teams. It looks like the issue of the motion zones for the lights not saving on the Floodlight Cam and Spotlight Cam has been fixed at this time. Thank you to the neighbors that were patient during this time and I apologize in advance if we were unable to get to everyone that originally had this concern. It is now resolved, so please make sure you have an updated version of your app! If you continue to run into this concern of the zones not saving, please let us know or for a more immediate response, please reach out to our support team here. :slight_smile:

Thank you for this information, neighbors. For now, I have accepted this post as a solution as we have deemed that this trending concern has been resolved. We appreciate your patience again and will continue to keep an eye on this thread in case things change. Thank you!