Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"New Features" notification will not go away

SOLVED
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: "New Features" notification will not go away

Hey neighbors! Wanted to provide another update that I just got from my team. It looks like this concern will be addressed in a May update of the Ring app. I will let you know when this goes live, but should be fixed in our 3.26 update of the Ring app. Thank you again for your patience in this matter. Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor III

Received (Android) update 3.26 today and it has fixed this issue across all of my devices.

Thanks Chelsea!

Highlighted
Community Manager

@5150Joel Fantastic news! I was just able to come in here and ask everyone in this thread myself. 

Neighbors, thank you again for your patience in the matter, and I'm happy to state it is now resolved. Let me know if you have any further questions! Stay safe and healthy. Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

This problem is still present in v.3.26.0.  App always reports (1) New Features but all "new" features have been viewed.  This was a new installation without any prior version of the app installed.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

The issue remains after unstalling and installing on my Android phone yesterday.

It still shows 1 New Features but it shows "You're all caught up" in details.

The Ring app version is 3.27.0.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

My wife and I both still have this issue on our Android phones, app version 3.27.0
Highlighted
New Neighbor

My app just updated to 3.27.0 and the "New" icon was still there.  However, it appears to be gone now.  What I had to do was enable the "Modes" feature for it to go away, and then go back into Settings to disable the Modes feature I didn't want to use.  If you want to use this feature, then leave it on.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I had enabled mode before uninstalling/installing. Don't want to mess it up. Ring is supposed to fix bugs for us.

By the way, I see it's marked as resolved. Well, IT'S NOT.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thanks for the suggestion @nrz.

I've already got modes enabled and have all my devices set up the way I want it, so I don't really want to disable and set up again.

Hopefully Ring will realise they haven't resolved the issue.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

"New Features" notification will not go away

The issue is not solved for me. Ring app version is 3.27.1 on Android 10.

"1 New Features" on menu and "You're all caugut up" in details. Why can't Ring fix this simple issue after more than two months. Ring's programmers don't know how to fix it? Let me show you how simple it is.

If "You're all caugut up" then clear New Features count.