"New Features" notification will not go away

@meme Thank you so much for confirming! Do you mind detailing those extra steps you took, as it may help other neighbors with Samsung devices in the meantime?

Thanks, that’s worked for me too.

Make sure to view those features that are collapsed at the bottom as suggested!

Thanks

1 Like

For the Samsung phone, I also cleared my data along with my cache just for good measure. The first time I did the steps–making sure to view and click on “Got it” for each feature–it didn’t seem to work. So, then I just started trying different things. Not sure which ones actually did it.

I enabled “Motion Verification” (not previously enabled) because it doesn’t have a “Got it” on the bottom. I’ve tried doing this before, and it didn’t clear the red dot. I shut down the Ring app, and restarted the phone. Then I repeated all the steps and viewed all the features again. After these steps, the red dot went away.

For the Samsung tablet, I cleared data and cache. The first time after viewing all the “new” features. The red dot didn’t go away. I shut down the Ring app, and I viewed all the “new features.” I think I also had to open up the control center as well. Then the red dot went away.

So, it may take more than once through the steps. Also, try shutting down (closing) app and doing it again. And also try shutting down the phone/device–particularly if the device has not been power-cycled for a long period of time.

1 Like

I just started using Ring yesterday, and I’ve encountered the same problem. The problem is not fixed.

Thank you for all the great help you have offered this and other fellow neighbors @meme. Could you please reach out to the Community Team at community@ring.com? We would love to ask you some questions and get your feedback directly as a valued member of the Community.

@JoshyCC Thank you for coming to the Community thread for this! Could you please try the steps we recommended above as a workaround? In addition, you can follow some extra steps that @meme has added on as well. Rest assured, we are working to get this resolved, work around or not, for the near future. :slight_smile:

I fixed this by clicking on each feature and confirmed the ‘OK’ button and it went away.

About ‘Ring protect plan (…) Tap here to save (…)’ nag banner, just managed to swipe this thing right and it goes away, unfortunately, it comes back next time I opened the app…

On 4/1, a fix was identified and was supposed to be in within two months. Has the fix been deployed? I still have this issue.

So the bug fix is still affectonew customers I just installed in June and now the notification red dot won’t go way. It’s truly annoying to those of us that like to keep things updated and organized

It’s been four and half months since it was reported here. The issue is still bothering me everyday. Will Ring app include this bug “as is” forever?

Hi neighbors – if you’re experiencing this, please check out @Chelsea_Ring post from 6/4/2020. Thanks!

I have been reinstalling / clearing data so many times for this issue. Each time I have to spend time to adjust settings to my needs. Thought this would be the last time. I was wrong. After clearing data, Ring said there were 10 new features while I saw only 9 new features in the list. After dismissed these 9 features, it said “You are all caught up”. Still one new feature is in nowhere to be dismissed.
App version is 3.28.1 on Android 10.

10 new features while there are actually 9.

To Ring support/moderator, probably the culprit is “Privacy Settings” new feature.

I found that new feature count remained unchanged before and after I viewed “Privacy Settings”. Whether I clicked Got it or back button of Android. The new feature count was decreased by viewing the feature for all other features.

Other thing I found is that although it says 10 new features, it becomes 9 after visiting new feature page without dismissing any new feature. One time it even reported 8 features. But it became 9 again by visiting that page.

One time, by clicking Got it in Privacy Settings did clear new feature red dot. But it just happened one time. I can’t reproduce it anymore.

@tochi Thank you so much for that additional detailed information and the screenshots, this is most helpful! I will get this passed along to our team that is still actively working on fixing this bug in the app, and still appreciate your patience in the meantime. :slight_smile: I’ll make sure to update this thread as things come along more!

Issue is finally resolved in v 3.29.0. No clear data is required. The red dot just went away with new version.

1 Like

@tochi Thank you for getting back to me!! I was just about to post in here as well that this should be resolved, so glad to hear it has for you.

Neighbors, please let us know if you’re still running into this concern, but it should be resolved at this time! :slight_smile:

This issue has resurfaced in v3.30.0 and is very frustrating to deal with. Seems that your development team has removed old new features from the UI, but forgot to remove the code which identifies them as new features. The number count starts at 9, drops to 8 once you enter and exit, then since there are only 7 new features it removes 7 notifications once you visit each. The two features that are enabled at the bottom of the list, would seem to be the culprits. One seems to clear automatically once we enter this section of the app and the other has no way of clearing.

Hi @mikemoewill, happy to chime in here. If you are still experiencing this concern, please try the following steps (Please note: it will sign you out of the Ring app and signing back in will be required):

• Go to your phone’s settings
  • Navigate to the Apps section
  • Select the Ring app
  • Clear Data (might be in Storage section and should be Android specific, you may not see this on iOS)
  • Launch the Ring app
  • Sign in
  • Go to the New Features
  • Visit all the feature listed **including the ones at the bottom (collapsed) **saying Feature Enabled. Re-visit the feature if possible, despite if it’s enabled or not.

These steps will reset the Ring app’s storage and should remove the red indicator from the Menu button and New Features menu item. Please let me know if this fixes it for you, and if not, please let me know what part of the steps get stuck/if you got to the end and the indicator is still there. Feel free to attach any screenshots that demonstrate this concern still occurring as well.

Issue still remains for me. None of the suggested fixes work. So annoying!

I just tried all the steps again, but no luck. The indicator stills shows more new features than I have available. I am also on a samsung Note20 Ultra. I tried several times to clear cache and storage, restart, click on each feature even the collapsed ones. Nothing works. Can someone go into my account and find this mysterious 13th new feature and deleted it or add it.