"New Features" notification will not go away

**Please see my attached screenshot** --Android app v.3.23.0

I received the Modes update today and the New Features red dot in the upper left will not go away after acknowledging the new features.

This function isn’t new to me, and in the past I’ve been able to clear it by acknowledging/viewing Snapshot, SOS, confirmation call… anything new that might appear. After getting the Modes update it will not clear.

I’ve tried clearing my app cache, app data, logging out of the app and back in, and finally a reinstall. No matter what that red dot remains, and “New Features” is bolded red. I’ve clicked through on every new feature, but the notification that Modes is now available will not go away. Everything shows “Feature Enabled” or “Viewed” when clicked on, but Modes still shows in red as New even though it’s now enabled.

MINOR issue, yes, that at BEST is only an annoyance. I wanted to both report and, and ask if anyone else has experienced this and if so, had any luck clearing it?

5 Likes

Hi @5150Joel, thank you so much for pointing this out! I have escalated this to the appropriate team for further review and I will make sure to keep you updated as we work towards a resolution.

I had something like this similarly happen to me on iOS a week ago, and I had to go in, view the feature, then force close my app, go back in, repeat viewing/force close once more, and then it went away. Odd, but worth a shot if you’ve haven’t already!

Although, there wouldn’t be any other steps to try than what you’ve done, so thank you for performing the proper steps. I shall update you accordingly when I have more news. :smiley_cat:

1 Like

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

Hi @5150Joel, thank you so much for pointing this out! I have escalated this to the appropriate team for further review and I will make sure to keep you updated as we work towards a resolution.

I had something like this similarly happen to me on iOS a week ago, and I had to go in, view the feature, then force close my app, go back in, repeat viewing/force close once more, and then it went away. Odd, but worth a shot if you’ve haven’t already!

Although, there wouldn’t be any other steps to try than what you’ve done, so thank you for performing the proper steps. I shall update you accordingly when I have more news. :smiley_cat:

Hey Chelsea, thank you as always for your reply. I’ve tried everything I can think of, and that notification just won’t clear. The app is not actually hanging at all, nor is it becoming unresponsive or anything. The app is working perfectly fine for that matter, it’s just the New Features notification absolutely will not clear. I have a friend that lives nearby, who also got the Modes update this morning, and having the exact same issue on Android.

Thanks for passing along the bug!

2 Likes

We are having the same issue. I too have force stopped the app several times and still see the red dot which is driving me crazy.

4 Likes

Same.
Showed up with new modes, and will not go away.
It’s rather annoying.

3 Likes

Same here with Android. Even got an update today but the notification is still sitting there.

Received app version 3.24.0 but that New Features notification still won’t go away.

Seems like this just needs a _ “Got It” _ button. Under New Features, if you click on “Event History Timeline” or “Fill in the blanks with Snapshot Capture” both have a big blue “Got It” button on the bottom center. Clicking that acknowledges the new feature causing the notification to disappear. This is missing in Modes new feature notification screen.

4 Likes

Same here

And here as well …

And now to compound my problems last night an ugly banner appeared at the bottom of the app UI with a daily countdown reminding me to subscribe to the “Protect Plan Plus” for a new Stick-up Cam I installed.

Even though I 've already subscribed to the PPP for this cam over a week ago, though since I’m still getting the one month free trial which I guess is causing this error in the system. As it thinks I haven’t subscribed yet …

Sign …

This app causes me more headaches …

3 Likes

Hey neighbors! Thank you for keeping us updated on what you are experiencing. It looks like this bug has been isolated, affecting both iOS and Android, and we have a fix that should be deployed within the next couple months via an app update. We appreciate your patience in this time, and I will make sure to update this thread once it’s been fully pushed! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since the new Mode feature was available, the new feature indicator always stay. I’ve dismissed all new features but it’s still there. I tried to reinstall Ring app but the issue is getting worse. Now I have TWO new features. I had enabled the mode feature, disabled it and reabled it. But it just doesn’t go away.

Same.
Showed up with new modes, and will not go away.
It’s rather annoying.

1 Like

<p> Shows notification of new feature Modes under each address with Devices, but does not show notification while viewing all devices. Please fix this bug, an unread notification is very bothersome. Thank you. </p>

1 Like

I’ve gone through the NEW FEATURES six times, turning each one on - off - on. Red dot still there.

Same problem… frustrating to see that mark

I think the strategy here is notification of said new features will NOT cease and disist until you fully enable them, even though you have no interest in them whatsoever. :confused: They will not STOP on my devices either.

Even tried different devices.

Any news on the new update?

Hey neighbors! Wanted to provide an update since it has been awhile. We are still working on this bug we’ve noticed with the New Feature alert not going away. We are hoping to implement this fix in the coming months, and if you notice that your New Features will go away before I can update accordingly, please feel free to reply that you’ve noticed it’s fixed! I’ll provide more updates when I have them, but it’s still a work in progress. Thank you for your patience! :slight_smile:

How do I remove badges from the app. Ie new features badge