no sound at all from PC whilst using live view

recently I have lost sound whilst using live view on my PC, the sound is recorded and available on recordings, all other sound is muted/lost also whilst using live view.

i have checked my audio settings and made sure everything is set to use the defualt audio output and i have set the default audio output as default communications device.

im at a loss right now.

Hi @benweston! I recommend disabling things like bluetooth or VPN as these can affect audio or app connection. Check also, any other programs or apps open on your computer that might be using audio. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I have a similar issue with the app on my desktop (HP windows10). No live audio but recording have audio. There is nothing wrong with my sound settings and everything else works fine. One thing I noticed is that when I launch the Ring app on the PC, it lowers the volume of anything else I listen to (music, video news clipts, etc) and then when I close the Ring app, the audio levels return to normal on the other apps. Very strange. On my HP laptop, the app works fine for live audio so there is something specific to the desktop PC. Any ideas?

I have an issue with the app on my desktop (HP windows10). There is no live audio from my Doorbell Pro but recordings have audio. Video works fine. I went through the troubleshooter and there is nothing wrong with my sound settings and everything else works fine. One thing I noticed is that when I launch the Ring app on the PC and do a live view, it lowers the volume of anything else I listen to (music, video news clipts, etc) and then when I close the Ring app, the audio levels return to normal on the other apps. Very strange. On my HP laptop, the app works fine for live audio so there is something specific to the desktop PC. Any ideas?