Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS - Ring Peephole - Motion Alert keeps turning off

SOLVED
Highlighted
Neighbor II

Re: iOS - Ring Peephole - Motion Alert keeps turning off

Make sure you tell them this is a member to member support forum. It's not customer service. It's stated when you signed into it. If you need customer service your have to call them.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hello yes this is just a member forum I came here to see if another member had and solution to the problem as I know some of you out there are quite tech savvy which I am def not and maybe I was missing a trick Having spoke to customer service myself they can’t help just that they are working on the problem! I tried the second app I’ve tried everything I don’t get why it’s so difficult to stop that happening but I think it’s coz they not actually trying but like I said I don’t know much.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Just installed the peephole camera yesterday and experiencing the same problem with the toggle being turned off. Very frustrating if it is indeed disabling the alerts and not just a display issue within the app. I haven't done enough testing to see if it only happens when I force-close the app.

I just downloaded Rapid Ring and see if that helps.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I got a new ring app update for my Iphone and it did not help. This problem is NOT solved.  It is time Ring gets this fixed and soon. I bought this for security for my wife and I and now I do not get notified when someone is at my door.  Not good public relations. If your programmers for the app cannot fix this problem,  then you need to find someone that can fix it.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I got a new ring app update today and it did fix my problem of the peephole cam turning off the motion alert. I am glad it is fixed.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Since the latest update my Motion Sensor has not turned off on its own. Anyone else getting the same?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I can confirm it appears fixed for me as well! FINALLY! I have force closed the app several times now and motion alerts stay on.

THANK YOU!!!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Downloading the Rapid Ring app workaround worked for me (thank you to whomever posted that workaround previously!), but this morning got an email saying the last update has fixed this. I updated the Ring app to the latest version and tested it out (force closing, switching apps, etc). Happy to confirm that it has been resolved for me! Took 3 months but I am just glad that it's fully functional as it should be now and super thankful that I can have something like this as I'm renting and cannot drill or hardwire anything. THANK YOU!!!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey neighbors! It looks like this concern is fixed at this time and the toggle should be back to working as intended. If you are still experiencing this concern, please remove the Ring app from your device, reboot your device (turn it off/on) and then reinstall the app. You should see it perform as normal from there. Cat Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post