iOS - Ring Peephole - Motion Alert keeps turning off

Does the Rapid Ring App help alleviate this or are the 2 apps linked?

The Rapid Ring app seems to have helped me. Installed about one week ago. The settings appear to override the Ring app. Still testing, but my motion hasn’t turned off so far.

Some others did, but did not resolve the issue for them. I’m trying the rapid ring app now (about 12 hours) Seems to not be losing its setting yet. Ring app already has after re-enabling it. Hope this fixes it!

I just realized my motion alerts keep turning off as well. Tried all of the suggestions posted here but still not working.

Very disappointing!

Ring, please fix this issue!

1 Like

They will never fix it and they will never admit guilt I have tried, believe me I have tried I have sent them a detailed video of The problem and they just don’t care

https://youtu.be/SGKcMpjij0c

As a couple of others suggested, I downloaded the Rapid Ring app and it has helped tremendously. The main ring app doesn’t turn off motion alerts nearly as often… (but it still does which it shouldn’t at all) however having the rapid ring app will still alert me even if the main ring app disabled the motion alerts automatically. Obviously this is just a temporary solution and might now work for everyone so they still need to fix the issue but as BenHawy suggested they don’t seem to care much or not want to fix this issue, at least in a timely matter.

1 Like

Mine does the same thing. Didn’t glitch off at first. Must have been something you broke in an update.

1 Like

**new update yesterday… did all you steps and still turns off when closing. If you don’t fix it I want my money back and you can have it. **

Same thing as well. Updated to the new app, motion is off when I first went in. Turned it back on, force killed the app. Go back in, it’s off AGAIN! Please get this fixed!

Exactly, it did work the first day I installed it then after it updated, Motion alerts quit working. They messed it up with the update

I’m so glad to see this is not just me. I got a ring peephole like 4 days ago and would randomly notice it turns off as well. It’s not always off for me but I do have to go in about 2 or 3 times a day and make sure it’s turned on. You guys need to fix ASAP. Clearly it’s an issue on your end for iOS users.

2 Likes

You just need to return the stupid thing, they’ll never believe you, they never read these threads and they don’t care, you might get a stupid answer from these idiots telling you to uninstall and reinstall it, obviously we all need to return the darn thing until these idiots go out of business and someone else in Invents a better device, Ring has the dumbest customer support and the dumbest engineers, I’m returning it before my 30 days are up

I downloaded the rapid ring, app so lets hope this works as a temp fix. However I recomend leaving a review on the app in the app store. Instead of here were the developers more than likely dont see the complaints. If you leave a review in the app store developers can respond directly to your comments( if they want to is another issue). If the app rating starts dropping enough from the reviews they will have to take action. I gave it a 1 star just for this issue. What is the point if if you cant get the notifications. I recomend everyone on here do the same especially since a new version came out yesterday.

1 Like

I have the same issue after I installed the device yesterday. I called support this morning, they said they are aware of the software issue & are working on it. I sure hope they are since many people are having the same issue. I left a review on the apple store & here on the thread.

1 Like

After installing the device yesterday I noticed in the Ring App the motion alert toggle switch automatically disables when the app is closed. By the numerous compliants I have read in the ring community, I hope a update patch is created quickly.

I also left a complaint in the Apple App Store for the developers to see.

2 Likes

Device: Peephole Cam

Phone: iPhone 11 Pro

I’m running into an issue where my Motion Alerts slider continuously turns itself off after I exit the Ring App. I’ve had my Ring device for about 2 months but I feel like this issue has only been happening for a few weeks now and wasn’t a problem initially.

I’ve tried redownloading the app to no avail. All of my iOS settings are properly enabled.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

My motion app continues to shut itself off. I’ve taken the app off and reinstalled. I’ve powered phone down. I HAVe gotten NO MOTION ALERTS unless the actual door is opening. This is frustrating. Ready to get a nest!!!

I’m ready to get a nest! This is ridiculous

Everyone should really leave a review in the app. Clearly commenting on here is not doing anything so we have to complain on the app review. Sink the rating till it’s fixed. They just release an update too still nothing.

This started happening to me too. At first it was random now it’s every time I close the app and reopen it. Does me no good if it doesn’t work.