Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS - Ring Peephole - Motion Alert keeps turning off

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: iOS - Ring Peephole - Motion Alert keeps turning off

They will never fix it and they will never admit guilt I have tried, believe me I have tried I have sent them a detailed video of The problem and they just don’t care

https://youtu.be/SGKcMpjij0c
Highlighted
New Neighbor

As a couple of others suggested, I downloaded the Rapid Ring app and it has helped tremendously. The main ring app doesn’t turn off motion alerts nearly as often.. (but it still does which it shouldn’t at all) however having the rapid ring app will still alert me even if the main ring app disabled the motion alerts automatically. Obviously this is just a temporary solution and might now work for everyone so they still need to fix the issue but as BenHawy suggested they don’t seem to care much or not want to fix this issue, at least in a timely matter.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Mine does the same thing. Didn't glitch off at first. Must have been something you broke in an update.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

new update yesterday... did all you steps and still turns off when closing. If you don't fix it I want my money back and you can have it. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same thing as well. Updated to the new app, motion is off when I first went in. Turned it back on, force killed the app. Go back in, it’s off AGAIN! Please get this fixed!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Exactly, it did work the first day I installed it then after it updated, Motion alerts quit working. They messed it up with the update
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I’m so glad to see this is not just me. I got a ring peephole like 4 days ago and would randomly notice it turns off as well. It’s not always off for me but I do have to go in about 2 or 3 times a day and make sure it’s turned on. You guys need to fix ASAP. Clearly it’s an issue on your end for iOS users.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

You just need to return the stupid thing, they’ll never believe you, they never read these threads and they don’t care, you might get a stupid answer from these idiots telling you to uninstall and reinstall it, obviously we all need to return the darn thing until these idiots go out of business and someone else in Invents a better device, Ring has the dumbest customer support and the dumbest engineers, I’m returning it before my 30 days are up
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I downloaded the rapid ring, app so lets hope this works as a temp fix. However I recomend leaving a review on the app in the app store. Instead of here were the developers more than likely dont see the complaints. If you leave a review in the app store developers can respond directly to your comments( if they want to is another issue). If the app rating starts dropping enough from the reviews they will have to take action. I gave it a 1 star just for this issue. What is the point if if you cant get the notifications. I recomend everyone on here do the same especially since a new version came out yesterday.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the same issue after I installed the device yesterday. I called support this morning, they said they are aware of the software issue & are working on it. I sure hope they are since many people are having the same issue. I left a review on the apple store & here on the thread.