SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: iOS - Ring Peephole - Motion Alert keeps turning off

1 star review incoming.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

None of that helps, unfortunately. My other cameras and systems have no issues. It’s exclusively my ring peephole camera. Seems even worse now that I bought more ring stuff. Hopefully you fix it before I have to return it.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thank you Marley. As you can see, there are lots of concerned customers having the same issues with motion being turned off randomly. Hopefully a solution can be found in a timely manner since it only appears to be affecting iOS users currently.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have been having the same problem and came here looking for a solution. Very disappointed to find out that your support team knows of this issue, has marked it as "resolved", but has yet to take care of this issue.  

I will not be recommending this product and will be giving my recent purchase a very bad review on Amazon if this isn't fixed swiftly.  

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Update: I contacted ring support and the agent told me the same steps so I told her I’ve already done those many times and that they need to escalate it. She assured me she has, but I feel more people need to be contacting them directly (either via tried live chat which is what I did or phone). The more tickets they have in their customer support system, the more likely it will be flagged as an issue in their system again. Hopefully they will take this seriously as it renders the entire ring device useless and get a fix for this ASAP. I was excited to finally get a ring device that I could have in an apartment setting since we cannot modify the existing doorbell but it was pretty disappointing that the ring app doesn’t work properly.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Again the exact same thing happened to me she (the CSR) gave me some nonsense telling me to make sure that motion delay is not set an all kinds of stuff that I already tried they don’t seem to believe that this is an issue that they’re having and they don’t wanna escalate it. It seems that the only solution is just to return this junk back and give them a one star review, that’s what I told her I’m going to do and she didn’t even care
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Does the Rapid Ring App help alleviate this or are the 2 apps linked?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

The Rapid Ring app seems to have helped me. Installed about one week ago. The settings appear to override the Ring app.  Still testing, but my motion hasn't turned off so far.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Some others did, but did not resolve the issue for them. I’m trying the rapid ring app now (about 12 hours) Seems to not be losing its setting yet. Ring app already has after re-enabling it. Hope this fixes it!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I just realized my motion alerts keep turning off as well.  Tried all of the suggestions posted here but still not working.

Very disappointing!

Ring, please fix this issue!