iOS - Ring Peephole - Motion Alert keeps turning off

Ring Door Peephole View Cam
It is a good piece of hardware ONLY if the software works properly!!!

Here are my observations after having it installed for a month

• The so called “knock sensor” never worked for me, the technical guys could not come up with a solution, I had to disable it. A delivery van almost always used to activate the motion alerts ( when it stayed on)

• The motion zone is not accurate, i.e/ when some one enters the zone, the motion alerts are not activated till the person has passed my drive way and reached the front door then pressing the door bell….

• I am not able to customize the motion zone accurately as I can with my WYZE flood security cam….

• The motion alert has a mind of its own, it keeps disabling itself as soon as I exit the app. (It happens every time I force quit or exit the app; it is the same way on all my iOS devices. iPhone 5s/iPad/iPad Pro etc. )

• There is always a delay watching the alert video despite having an excellent broadband, by the time I manage that, the person has disappeared… (once someone stole my package from in front of my house and I could not tell who did it because of this stupid delay.)

• Very poor or nonexistent technical help…

This issue is driving me crazy. Even if I don’t force close the app it still happens on both my iPad and iPhone. This sucks as it renders the camera useless without the proper notifications. I will have no other option but to return all my ring stuff and ask for a full refund if they can’t get this basic feature right. I should actually get compensated for this security breach. I feel that ring doesn’t care about their customers or about fixing this issue as long as they make their sales quota.

This is so frustrating. We pay good money for these devices and they don’t work properly. ( my Amazon package got stolen and I couldn’t tell who did it.) If I don’t get a notification this device becomes useless. Does ring read these messages? Or do we have to contact them a different way?

Update: I have tried every trick in the book and Still the same, no fix yet!! , I looked at their system status for past incidents and it looks like they logged this as a known issue back on December 16th 2019; but it is also marked as “resolved” now, but based on all our replies on the forums, this certainly is not the case. I think we should all be contacting support directly (through their chat, calling etc…) and hopefully they will update this glaring defect in the software/app.

3 Likes