iOS - Ring Peephole - Motion Alert keeps turning off

So far nothing on my side since the initial reply of reinstalling the app. Hope this does get resolved, the whole point of having it is to let me know when someone comes on to my porch. Looking at ordering a couple more cameras but won’t until this is resolved.

2 Likes

I did the same thing and have the same issue, I think it’s a defect and should be recalled

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not work, it’s a defect in the system, it should be recalled. We need a real fix, motion alerts keep turning itself off ; this is a safety concern

1 Like

I can’t believe it I also have the same problem here, They need to work out the bugs and make a permanent fix

1 Like

The iOS app has some software issues, they will probably never update or fix it because they don’t care about their customers; and they will give us a lame excuse as long as there’s a lot of Samsung owners with their android app working fine

1 Like

I too am having this issue with the ring door view cam/peephole and the iOS app. I got this for Christmas and the motion alterations hasn’t worked properly ever. It randomly shuts off in the app and I have to constantly go into the app and turn it back on… maybe like every couple of hours. It’s annoying and inconvenient and defeats the whole purpose of having this. If they don’t fix it soon I might have to return it and go with a different company’s doorbell. And yes, I’ve tried resetting it, uninstalling reinstalling, making sure notifications are on, etc and it still doesn’t work.

So glad I found this community! Same problem here. Bought Ring Peephole through Amazon and installed on Christmas Day. I tripled-checked my schedule settings, then thought my wife was turning it off because the alerts bothered her. Turns out to be a defect. If Ring doesn’t fix with a software patch, I am returning through Amazon by 1/31/20.

I have the exact same problem. I don’t get my notifications, then I open my dashboard and notice my motion alerts have switched off. Frustrating!

Chris I did the same thing as you and it also won’t let me post my video. Sucks…

Yup that’s exactly the problem! We are all in the same boat unfortunately. I’m sure it’s a glitch on rings end.

here too

1 Like

Same here just got and set it up yesterday and the Motion Alert setting continually shuts off. Not sure if the Rapid Ring App will still detect motion or not when the main Ring App disables.

So frustrating. We pay good money for these devices and they don’t work properly. If I don’t get a notification this device becomes useless. Does ring read these messages? Or do we have to contact them a different way?

2 Likes

Yeah I’m having the same exact issue. It’s driving me crazy. Even if I don’t force close the app it still happens. Happens on both my iPad and iPhone. It sucks as the camera has helped me but it will not help me without the proper notifications. I will return all my ring stuff if they can’t get this basic feature right.

I feel like it’s happening even more now that I’ve integrated a secondary ring alarm at my business. I turned off motivations on those wired cameras which don’t seem to have the same issue though.

It happens literally every time I force quit. I doubt you need video for proof as it’s happening on all my iOS devices. you know you could just listen to the multiple complaints or Just do it yourself…

Terrible answer.

Door View Cam

It is a good piece of hardware ONLY if the software works properly.

These are my observation after having ii installed for few months,

• The so called “knocks” never worked for me, the technical guys could not come up with a solution,

had to disable it. A delivery van almost always use to activate the motion alerts ( when stayed on)

• The motion zone not accurate, ie when some one enters the zone, the motion alerts not activated till

the person has passed my drive way and reached the front door then pressing the door bell….

• not able to customised the motion zone accurately as I can with the flood security cam….

• The motion alert has mind of its own, keeps disabling itself….

• there is always a delay watching the alert video despite having an excellent broadband, by the time I

manage that, the person has disappeared…

• Very poor technical help…

I can go on and on, but time does not permit me to do so.

I feel if the issues are nor resolved, have to return all the Ring products and ask for full refund.

3 Likes

Update: still the same issues. I looked at their system status for past incidents and it looks like they logged this as a known issue back on December 16th but it also is marked as “resolved” now, which based on all our replies here, is certainly not the case. I’ve attached the screenshot In addition to keeping this thread alive, I think we should all be contacting support directly (through their chat, calling etc) and hopefully they will update this glaring defect in the software/app.

Sorry to hear about this concern, neighbors. We have shared this information with the appropriate teams, in detail, for further investigation.

I recommend trying the steps from my prior response in this thread if you have not already. In addition to uninstalling and reinstalling the app, please also ensure Bluetooth, VPN, and/ or Hotspots are disabled.

Of course, feel free to share any steps that worked for you as our other neighbors might benefit from it. As always, our support team is happy to assist and take an in-depth look at your concern, at 800-656-1918.

Ring Door Peephole View Cam
It is a good piece of hardware ONLY if the software works properly!!!

Here are my observations after having it installed for a month

• The so called “knock sensor” never worked for me, the technical guys could not come up with a solution, I had to disable it. A delivery van almost always used to activate the motion alerts ( when it stayed on)

• The motion zone is not accurate, i.e/ when some one enters the zone, the motion alerts are not activated till the person has passed my drive way and reached the front door then pressing the door bell….

• I am not able to customize the motion zone accurately as I can with my WYZE flood security cam….

• The motion alert has a mind of its own, it keeps disabling itself as soon as I exit the app. (It happens every time I force quit or exit the app; it is the same way on all my iOS devices. iPhone 5s/iPad/iPad Pro etc. )

• There is always a delay watching the alert video despite having an excellent broadband, by the time I manage that, the person has disappeared… (once someone stole my package from in front of my house and I could not tell who did it because of this stupid delay.)

• Very poor or nonexistent technical help…

This issue is driving me crazy. Even if I don’t force close the app it still happens on both my iPad and iPhone. This sucks as it renders the camera useless without the proper notifications. I will have no other option but to return all my ring stuff and ask for a full refund if they can’t get this basic feature right. I should actually get compensated for this security breach. I feel that ring doesn’t care about their customers or about fixing this issue as long as they make their sales quota.

This is so frustrating. We pay good money for these devices and they don’t work properly. ( my Amazon package got stolen and I couldn’t tell who did it.) If I don’t get a notification this device becomes useless. Does ring read these messages? Or do we have to contact them a different way?

Update: I have tried every trick in the book and Still the same, no fix yet!! , I looked at their system status for past incidents and it looks like they logged this as a known issue back on December 16th 2019; but it is also marked as “resolved” now, but based on all our replies on the forums, this certainly is not the case. I think we should all be contacting support directly (through their chat, calling etc…) and hopefully they will update this glaring defect in the software/app.

3 Likes

1 star review incoming.