iOS 14 ring app crashing

Since installing ios 14 everytime i go to live view my phone freezes and i have to force reboot my phone. This is for both flood light cam and ring doorbell pro
Also when there is a motion or a doorbell ring and i click on notification the camera shows blank picture. This is for both rapid ring and ring app. I have re-installed both apps. Still not working

2 Likes

Hi @rizla13. If you are having issues with your Live View, try looking at this Community Article that goes over some great tips and tricks for that exact issue. If this problem persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thank you for your reply

I have already spoken to someone on the phone and they couldn’t sort the problem out and told me thy couldn’t do anything.
I also completely reset my phone as brand new and only downloaded thr Ring app and im getting the same problem. Spoke to apple and they saying there is nothing wrong with the phone as they done some remote testing. So basically i have ring products without live view. Ring customer service dont want to know as they cannot fix it. Im not happy with Ring customer service. How can they just say they cannot do anything about it!!

4 Likes

I’m dealing with the app crashing too. My cameras lag and I can’t even get through to customer service. I’m really displeased with this camera system. I Have two more at my house and have no problems.

4 Likes

Me too. Horrible camera system. I have two other systems that work fine

4 Likes

Exact same problem here. Come on Ring! You need to fix this crap fast! Its one thing when you use Ring for the novelty of seeing who is at your door, but its a totally different cause for urgency when pepole like myself are using this “Fisher Price” application for an actual alarm system. IOS 14.1 was released Sept.21. Where are your freaking beta testers? I don’t pay $200.00 a year for two houses to be your freaking beta tester!

5 Likes

Well said. I have had both my Ring products for 3ys and never encountered this issue
It’s since i have upgraded to iOS 14.
I even done a fresh install of iOS like a new phone and only downloaded Ring app to test but still same issues

3 Likes

I also noticed that the RING app has become extremely laggy after updating an Apple IPAD Pro to IOS 14.0.1 today. Trying to view captured videos or just manuvering around the user interface is frustratingly slow. Tap a selection and it hangs there for a while before registering it. Trying to view videos, swipe to expand or shrink the picture and it no longer responds right away. IOS 14.0.1 has broken the RING app. I am guessing it’s a change somewhere in the Apple IOS firmware because I have another video cam app from another brand that also has become extremely laggy. I hope RING and Apple IOS developers can get together and fix this new bug!

1 Like

I just called RING support and spoke to a rep who said to uninstall the RING app, reboot the iPAD and reinstall the RING app. After which the RING app started working normally again.

So hope it stays that way and hope this helps anyone else to fix their issue.

4 Likes

Just updated my iPhone last night to IOS14 and now I’m getting an error when trying to view Ring cameras from my iPhoneXR. I tried uninstalling the app, but now it won’t even let me login from my iPhone. I can log in & view Ring Cams on my laptop though… so it’s definitely an Apple IOS iPhone compatibility issue.

1 Like

Someone mentioned uninstalling the app, restarting the phone, and then downloading/logging into the app again - - and it worked! Yay! :smiley:

1 Like

Mine freezes too since IOS 14.2. I presume it will get sorted soon. I tried deleting the app restarting phone and reinstalling app but still freezes on my iPhone 8. Still ok on iPad though!

1 Like

Uninstalled app, now It will not accept an emailed verification code to log in. Unable to log in or reset unit whatsoever. Now just a fancy doorbell ?

Any updates on this ? Mine is crashing all the time…

Mine crashing too when in live video full screen. Updated to IOS 14.3 just now and still happens.

Also uninstalled and reinstalled Ring app. Same issue.

Annoying

Hi neighbors! The Ring app should be working as intended on compatible ios mobile devices. Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a great step, if you have not already tried this. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled on your device. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.