cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Thank you for your patience! Community is back up and running. Please flag a Moderator if you experience any issues while posting. Thank you :)

app crashes after requesting live video

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

app crashes after requesting live video

After the last update, the app crashes when trying to view live video (screen freezes and then closes).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: app crashes after requesting live video

I think I know what is causing the problem. Today I turned off the "event history timeline" functionality and I was able to get the live view back. I hope that for you it is also the "solution".

regards!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Neighbor II

Have you tried uninstalling, power phone off and on, the reinstall the app yet?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi Eagle328, thanks for your quick response!.

Yes, I have tried all that. I think it's a bug from the last update but I don't know where to report it.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Betunio, happy to chime in here. Have you checked to make sure your phone's OS is fully updated? Additionally, what is the make and model of your smartphone? 

Curious and want to learn more about the Community? Visit our Community 101 - New Member Checklist here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi Caitlyn,

I'm having an issue with live view as well, not sure if it's the new update, or upgrading to Android 11. But live view no longer works. The moment i open it up, it loads the screen for a second but closes immediately and brings me back to the Ring App's main menu.
Highlighted
Neighbor II

What Ring device is having the issue? I now have Android 11 running on my Pixels. I may be able to recreate it. Let me know.
Highlighted
Neighbor II

Forgot to add. If this is an app issue I can give a link to the last version of Ring if I find it works with Android 11.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the Ring Doorbell Pro. and yup, I'm also running it on a Pixel 3.
Highlighted
Neighbor II

Great. I have a 3A XL and a 4A. I also have the pro doorbell. I'll check it when I get off work.
Highlighted
Neighbor II

Ok, I've tried this using the 3.30.0 Ring app on my Pixel 3a and 4a running Android 11 using my Ring Pro doorbell. I don't have the same issue. It works fine for me. I do see a problem with my outdoor stickup cam latest version on the dashboard. It shows it as offline but in the device section it works fine. Other than that I don't see anything else wrong so far. It may be another app that is conflicting with the Ring app. You could also try removing that version and downloading the last version from apkmirror.com.