XR Ring App - "Invalid Credentials"

Several days ago now I was away from home & rec’d motion hits on my doorbell via the Ring App on my IPhone. When I tried to check the activity I rec’d a “could not connect to server” message. Looked again when I got home & I couldn’t even sign in on my Ring app. Tried turning phone off/on, deleting/reinstalling the app, nothing worked. Tried to change password & rec’d “Invalid Credentials” for my email address too. Ring app works great on wife’s IPhone, same user, same PW; works gerat on Ipad & computer, same account. Contacted Ring Support & they gave me a patient 1.5 hours but nothing worked. AT&T Support spent nearly 2 hours with me, tried all steps same as with Ring Support, finally did a complete factory reset & still “Invalid Credentials”. AT&T Support concluded that something in the Ring App was blocking the IMEI assigned to my phone. I did reach back out to Ring Support via email but no response. Still at a loss so reaching out to community for guidance. Something that might apply: I had to disable NordVPN on my computer before I could post on this site …

may have solved my own issue - I disconnected from NordVPN on my IPhone and was able to log on to the app & my Ring network. Now, I have had a Ring account for nearly a year and a NordVPN account for longer than that. not to figure out which of them made the change that created the conflict …

1 Like

Thank you for the NORD hint. I called RING and they had no idea. This fixed it.

1 Like

I am having the exact same problem…“Invalid Credentials” on my iPhone yet the ap works on my iPad. I have the same VPN account on both. So…I’ve tried to disconnect the VPN temporarily on my iPhone, but it automatically comes back on. I don’t want to delete the VPN permanently…so how do I get the RING ap to work on my iPhone once again.

I also keptgetting the “Invalid Credentils” also. I have the NordVPN App but it was not connected to the server. I stopped the NordVPN and logged in just fine.

1 Like