Windows App - two factor authentication fails

I am not longer able to login to the app on my W10 PC.
I enter the verification code and it thows an error.
The error code is 0x8009002C
I updated to teh latest W10 yesterday so i suspect thats got something to do with it.
Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004
Any clues

Hey @blanc_sanglier. Could you try removing the Ring app from your PC, restarting your PC, and then reinstalling the app to see if this helps? If this error message continues, could you please take a screen recording of what it looks like when it pops up this error message, or provide me a screenshot?

Hi Chelsea

I managed to sort it out by going into Windows 10 / Apps & Features / Ring / Advanced options / Reset. This seem to clear the error.

I have a scecondary issue in that in regularly asks me to login again (it didn’t) do this befor the latest W10 upgrade. It’s not a showstopper but a tad ittitating.

thnx for reaching out, bill

1 Like

I have tried it all and it still does not work. May be looking for a different manufactue.

Thank You!! My computer updated to Windows 10 Version 2004, build 19041.572 last night and i t broke my Ring app on my PC. Ring would not accept any Verification Code I put into it. I was ready to pull my hair out until I found postings suggesting removing and reinstalling the app. I did that and was able to get in, but this morning, not only did I have to sign in again, Ring would not accept my Verification Codes. I got the Oops something went wrong thing. I just can’t see having to uninstall and reinstall Ring every day. Then I found your post. I reset Ring and was able to get in. I have a feeling however, until Ring fixes whatever it is that keeps getting broken, I will have to reset Ring every day. The Ring Tech need to get on this. If Win10 updates can break the Ring App, we’re in for some very annoying times!