Windows 10 Ring logo appears in wrong place during videos

Hello, I am attaching a screen capture showing you how the Ring.com logo is displayed in the wrong place on Windows 10 Pro RING app. I hope your software developers can figure out what and where the bug is causing this. It only happens on Windows 10 ring app. It DOES NOT happen when viewing using Android or Apple IOS ring apps.

Also of note: If I download and save the video capture on Windows 10 and then use a video player such as VLC player, the ring.com logo displays correctly in the upper left corner of tge screen. It only displays in the wrong place when viewing through the Windows 10 RING app.

Thank you very much for sending that screen shot over. This is a very unusual concern, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the application as well as ensuring the Windows 10 system is up to date.

I’ve made this conversation its own thread as this concern is definitely unique to other Windows 10 related matters. Please let us know if there are any other symptoms are observations you feel might assist in investigating this further.

Hello, I am once again seeing this problem with the RING Floodlight Cam degraged videos condition where the RING.com logo is displayed in the middle left side of the video and with smaller font. The RING.com logo is normally shown in the upper left corner of the screeen on the videos in larger font when videos are captured properly. All the videos being captured on my floodlight cam for the past few days are corrupted like this and also are in lower pixelated resolution compared to when the cam is working correctly. This is on my Windows 10 PC using the Windows RING app. Videos viewed on the Apple iOS or Android RING app also are not normal. Every once in a while a video is captured normally with higher resolution but then it just reverts back to the corrupted video captures as described above. No my wifi signal is not the problem. I suspect you have did some kind of update to the software or firmware lately? Please fix this. I will attach 2 screen captures showing normal logo video capture versus when it is bad logo.

Hi @Wyee2. Have you tried resetting the Floodlight Cam? This can be done by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, then releasing. The camera will take around 1 minutes to reboot, then your video should revert back to normal operation. If this doesn’t seem to correct the issue, I would reach out to our support team for the next best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.