cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 App Update to Version 2.3.10 Breaks Live View, RIng Doorbell Pro

SOLVED
Highlighted
Community Moderator

Re: Windows 10 App Update to Version 2.3.1.0 Breaks Live View, RIng Doorbell Pro

Sorry to hear about this experience @Wyee2. I appreciate you taking the time to list in detail your concern with the Windows 10 App. When you have a moment, please respond with a screen shot of this and I'll be sure to get it to our team for investigation!

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Windows 10 App Update to Version 2.3.1.0 Breaks Live View, RIng Doorbell Pro

Ring version 2.4.6, Windows 10 version 1909 doing the same. 45 seconds after Live View or Activation I get a beep then it freezes and gives  "error code is 0x80131500" when closing. 

Also, get the same code trying to check Health.

William Cox
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Live view works fine for me on 2.4.6, no error or freezing for an extended period of time.  However, I get the same error on the health check screen.  There is an existing thread specifically for the 0x80131500 error code:  https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-App/Checking-device-health-from-Win10-app/td-p/7085 .  

Highlighted
New Neighbor

just got ring stick up cam,i have the same problem,why are you selling this product with this known problem.my wife and myself have spent hours on this.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi neighbors! As you can see in the other thread regarding Windows 10, we do support the Windows 10 app and can confirm that the team is working on a fix for this concern. Thank you for your patience and stay tuned for a fix. 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Looking forward for the fix...

I currently use 2.4.6 and the live video is not working. I get "Error: IOError". 

On the "Device Health" page I get: "Something went wrong Smiley Sad The error code is 0x80131500"

I just started using ring so I am not sure if this worked in previous versions...

My OS: W10 10.0.1713

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Live view works for me on theRing app version you have, but I'm running the current version of Windows 10 (which is Version 1901 (OS Build 18363.535) although I don't thing that should be an issue for you.  Have you checked to see that all three permissons are granted to the app (microphone, videos and background)?  That's in the advanced optios for the Ring app in the Windows Apps & Features settings.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

it already has those permissions

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

The only other suggestion is to reset the app.