Windows 10 App Update to Version 2.3.10 Breaks Live View, RIng Doorbell Pro

If I click Devices, on the left, instead of the video image it works or I need to restart the app.

Thank you all for sharing your observations and assisting one another with suggestions. To further assist in resolving this, when everyone has a moment, please try the following:

1. Adjust the app to mobile view on your screen (rather than normal or wide screen)

2. Once app is open in mobile view, tap on device list icon from side panel (rather than selecting device from dashboard)

3. Select live view

Hope this helps, certainly looking forward to the results!

I have no idea what you mean by mobile view. There is no such thing in the Windows app.

I don’t know what Mobile View is either, but that is exactly what I said. Click Devices first.

I think he means make sure you are on full screen rather than a smaller window. A reduced screen buries the menu on the left

Mine seems to be working OK now. Maybe the new version just needed to ripen. :slight_smile:

To clarify the mobile view portion of those steps, it is referencing the most compact window view available covering 1 tile per row, versus maximized view or normal view which show much more.

@airair You are correct this would cover the side panel, but also might display more options if any are missing in maximized view. Also thank you for sharing the side panel method with us!

@Marley_Ring wrote:

To clarify the mobile view portion of those steps, it is referencing the most compact window view available covering 1 tile per row, versus maximized view or normal view which show much more.

@airair You are correct this would cover the side panel, but also might display more options if any are missing in maximized view. Also thank you for sharing the side panel method with us!

Again there is no such thing as a mobile view in the Windows as a mobile view in the windows desktop app. The three views available for an open Windows app window are maximized, resizable, or minimized as selected on the top right side of the open app window. If you could post a scren shot or video of the “mobile view” you are refering to that would help.

The Windows Ring app just updated to version 2.3.3.0. It seems to be working reliably on two of my Windows 10 devices.

Can anyone confirm that this fixed the problem identified in this tread? If so, I’ll mark the solution.

Now if they would only reactivate the Ring all for Windows 10 Mobile I would be a very happy customer…

1 Like

Yes logging out of app, then logging back in seems to be the fix. pitiful

@MomCar wrote:

Yes logging out of app, then logging back in seems to be the fix. pitiful

Kind of – but they got it fixed (apparently) one week after they issue the broken version. That’s not exactly lightning speed, but at least it’s fixed. My experience with broken apps is that it can take shorter (1-2 days) or weeks, even months. So I guess I’ll mark this solved. Thanks for confirming.

1 Like

I have an issue with the Windows 10 RING app displaying the RING.com logo in the middle left side of the screen now instead of where it supposed to be in the upper left corner of the screen. I’ve reported this to RING support multiple times but they just ignore it and never come back with a fix. Anyone else experiencig this RING.com logo out of place on the screen on Windows 10 PC app? This problem does not exist on Android nor IOS RING apps. Only on Windows 10 PC app.

Sorry to hear about this experience @Wyee2. I appreciate you taking the time to list in detail your concern with the Windows 10 App. When you have a moment, please respond with a screen shot of this and I’ll be sure to get it to our team for investigation!

Ring version 2.4.6, Windows 10 version 1909 doing the same. 45 seconds after Live View or Activation I get a beep then it freezes and gives “error code is 0x80131500” when closing.

Also, get the same code trying to check Health.

Live view works fine for me on 2.4.6, no error or freezing for an extended period of time. However, I get the same error on the health check screen. There is an existing thread specifically for the 0x80131500 error code: https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-App/Checking-device-health-from-Win10-app/td-p/7085 .

just got ring stick up cam,i have the same problem,why are you selling this product with this known problem.my wife and myself have spent hours on this.

Hi neighbors! As you can see in the other thread regarding Windows 10, we do support the Windows 10 app and can confirm that the team is working on a fix for this concern. Thank you for your patience and stay tuned for a fix.

Looking forward for the fix…

I currently use 2.4.6 and the live video is not working. I get “Error: IOError”.

On the “Device Health” page I get: “Something went wrong :frowning: The error code is 0x80131500”

I just started using ring so I am not sure if this worked in previous versions…

My OS: W10 10.0.1713

Live view works for me on theRing app version you have, but I’m running the current version of Windows 10 (which is Version 1901 (OS Build 18363.535) although I don’t thing that should be an issue for you. Have you checked to see that all three permissons are granted to the app (microphone, videos and background)? That’s in the advanced optios for the Ring app in the Windows Apps & Features settings.

it already has those permissions

The only other suggestion is to reset the app.