Windows 10 App Update to Version 2.3.10 Breaks Live View, RIng Doorbell Pro

Okay, I believe I have a workaround for the broken app version 2.3.1.0:

I tried resetting the Ring app in settings, apps, but this did not work. So I ran the Windows Store troubleshooting process (which found no issue), reset the Ring app again, signed in, and now the live view works.

Of note is that before running the process that fixed the issue the device options in the app looked more like a security camera than a door bell – things like siren, battery, etc. were showing. After I ran the process the only options available are for ring alerts and motion alerts – which is what it should be. Also, the “Health” of the doorbell never worked before, but after fixing the live view issue I can now see the device health metrics.

So I updated my second PC to 2.3.1.0 from the prior version 2.2.20.0. It did not work until I ran the process described above.

Ring support was absolutely NO help. The kept blaming my PC. As I was able to replicate the problem on a second PC and then resolve it in the same manner, clearly there is something in the new version of the Ring app that is broken.

Any comments would be appreciated.

I am not marking this solved because RING NEEDS TO FIX THEIR WINDOWS APP!

1 Like