cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Your Live View May Be Taking a Long Time to Load

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Why Your Live View May Be Taking a Long Time to Load

I tried the rapid ring app but I don't experience any improvement. It still takes about 10 seconds to open live view and it also fails 1 of the 3 times to connect.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same as everyone else. According to Ring diagnostics everything is great. All of the other devices in my house work without issue but when I receive a ring motion alert I can’t use ring to see who it is. Instead I pull up the app for my Honeywell. 4K cameras for see who it is and what is going on. They load lighting fast.

My personal favorite is when the ring doorbell stops working in the summer because it gets “too hot”. I’m at a point now where I am just waiting for them to die out of warranty so I can replace with something else.
Highlighted
New Neighbor III

Rapid Ring takes 6 to 8 seconds to bring up a live view of my Doorbell Pro.

I'm on T-Mobile 4G/LTE on an older Samsung Galaxy S7.

The new version of the app appears to have another button to push after the Rapid Ring app is launched. Was that put in to distinguish between app load time and live view initiation time?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Rapid Ring not avaliable in the South Africa itunes store, leaving me very unhappy with my ring soulution that I invested money into.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I was having the same issue, and the "Rapid Ring" app only helped some of the time. I was getting time outs in both intermittently. I erased all of the video events, it didn't help at all. (Don't do that, you'll lose all events for nothing.)
Solution below
I cleared the cache on my phone (Note 10 plus 5G) and it solved my problem. How long that will last, I don't know.
Android
Settings-Apps-Ring-Storage-Clear cache. (Only the cache)
Now it's lickety split , as my Daddy used to say.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Really wish I'd joined here before buying the doorbell, cameras & booster chime. It's ok once playback kicks in to see who's been throughout the day but for someone ringing at the door, they've not only left but they're in the next town before the app goes live! Like others, I have a brand new router & set it to it's own channel.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Why Your Live View May Be Taking a Long Time to Load

My internet is fast, this is a home not an office, your reasons don’t explain why it takes minutes not seconds to show the live view. It makes the ring doorbell useless. I can’t answer the door remotely because of the delay. THIS PROBLEM IS ON YOUR END!!! Please please add more server power.
Highlighted
Neighbor

I don't know who your talking about. What reasons? And they can't turn up server power since there's no such thing. Have you tried anything to try to fix it?
New Neighbor

I have assigned the 5ghz on the router to the cleanest channel available. Everyone is running all kinds of wifi devices these days so alot are getting saturated. Have also reserved an ip address on the router for the doorbell. Will also try your suggestion of clearing the app cache on Android. The live view seems to refresh faster on the Echo Show sometimes.

Lots of down time last week when the temperature got down to -28C. Its warmed up to +2C so it seems more stable now.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have a ring door bell gen 1 and it is located only two meters away from my router but it still takes ages to connect and usually says the wifi connection is poor. The RSSI is 43, I have fibre optic broadband with 100 mbps and use a Samsung galaxy s7 edge mobile phone. I do not have that many apps on my phone, my broadband speed is almost always at 100mbps, I have unlimited broadband data, I do not have my phone's bluetooth turned on, there are not many devices at home that require wifi but yet the doorbell takes ages to connect!