Where is motion recording button?

Help article lists a control to disable motion recording, for like say a Christmas party where 25 people will be going in and out all day. I’ve looked in the app and can’t find it.

7A3570A6-7BE1-4313-AFC0-C26BFF89203E.jpg

Hiya, @Edsland1! Follow these steps to locate your toggle for recording motion:

• Open up the Ring app, then select the three lines at the top left corner
  • Tap on Devices
  • Select the Device you wish to turn off for motion recording
  • At the top right, you will see a toggle switch for “Record Motion”

When this switch is “off” it will be toggled to the left, which means it will not record motion events. If the switch is “on” it will be toggled to the right and with a blue bar, which means it is recording motion events.

Please note that this feature is only on our Stick-Up Cams and our Indoor Cams. We made sure to get that article you were looking at updated to be more clear on what devices have that! If you get stuck, please respond with a screenshot so we can help you out further! :smiley_cat:

So how do I stop doorbell from recording every person that comes over for a party that I don’t want to record.

Hey @Edsland1, during that time I would recommend that you remove the battery from the device to power it off, and when you are done and ready to use it again, just pop the battery back in! Otherwise, you can do a “Motion Snooze,” which you can find on the device’s profile, but this will only stop the notifications, not the recordings.

I have original can’t take battery out

@Edsland1 At this point, you will want to take the doorbell off the mount during that time. If you have any further questions, it may be best to contact support at 1-800-656-1918!