Weekly safety report

How do I turn off the weekly safety report push notification on my iphone? I can’t find the setting anywhere on the app. I dont want to turn off the push notification for the app from the phone setting because I still want to get notifications from the cameras, I just do not want the weekly safety report notification

3 Likes

Hi @MochiMochi. At this time, there is not an option to disable the Safety Report on the iOS platform, only on Android. If you go into your notification/alert settings within the Android version, you will see the option to disable this as shown in the attached screenshot here. Other neighbors have shared some feedback on this feature in a similar thread here, so we’ve made sure to pass it onto the appropriate team. :slight_smile:

Any updates on this? I am still getting the weekly safety report on my iphone. i know a lot of people are asking the same. Why are we being FORCED to receive these reports on OUR phone???

2 Likes

How do we turn these safety reports off? It’s been months and Ring is still forcing these on us? And why only force it on iOS users?

1 Like

Allow us to turn these off this is an issue you’ve got plenty of feedback on and is now a nuisance. I’m considering trashing this entire system over this.

1 Like

Strong agree with the others here; it may seem like a small thing, but I want to trust that my notifications are relevant to me, and the Ring neighborhood features are probably going to be what drives me away from your product. Every time I get one of these, I spend a bit of time researching other security options. Eventually I’ll get tired of them and switch.

I HATE the weekly safety report on my Apple phone. I specifically turned this off years ago and for some reason you decided to bring them back & force me to look at it.

I agree with other posters: this may drive me away from your service. Why did you change this and why are you forcing me to look at it without the option to turn it off? You’ve had plenty of feedback now to fix this

1 Like

I feel like I’m being forced into your social media ecosystem. Let’s face it, you are a doorbell and a camera system, no need to force the bells and whistles.

1 Like

I feel like I’m being forced into your social media ecosystem. Let’s face it, you are a doorbell and a camera system, no need to force the bells and whistles.

ATTN RING DEVELOPERS: Any updates on this? It has been over a year since first post, and Ring IOS keeps bugging with weekly safety report that is unwanted.

I did a search for this feature request/bug on that link, and found 5 different reports. Ring has not even so much as acknowledged the problem. We can disable the notifications entirely, but then that defeats the purpose of the doorbell. Maybe it’s time to find a new product.

It’s ridiculous that “the house next door is on fire” and “the weekly safety report” have the same alarm setting.

I chatted with a representative, and was told that the only option (on iOS) is to turn off the “Neighbors” feature entirely. Hopefully, that will work. I won’t get alerted to events in my neighborhood, but at least I won’t get a weekly false alarm.