Video playback with Android 11?

Hello, I installed Android 11a couple of days ago and ever since have been having a problem. I can usually view 2 event playbacks but on the 3rd one I get a message that there was an error in playing the video. I then have to close out of the Ring app and wait several hours before I can view another video.

This has happened every time since updating Android, is anyone else having this issue?

Hi @GW208. I would recommend uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone to clear the cache, and reinstalling the Ring App. This usually clears up any issues with the Ring App, so let me know how that works for you! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply Caitlyn, I saw that suggested elsewhere and have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, unfortunatly, it didn’t help.

I spent quite some time on the phone with a very nice lady from customer support this morning. She had me try several different things but nothing helped with my issue.

She has forwarded my file to Ring engineering and said I could expect to hear back in 2 or 3 days. I will update this post at that time.

1 Like

You could try to see if Ring’s last app version might work. Just uninstall it and reboot. Then go to the link here to download and install the last version. If it works, then turn off auto update in the play store so it doesn’t update.
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/ring-com/ring-always-home/ring-always-home-3-29-1-release/ring-always-home-3-29-1-android-apk-download/