cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Questions about Amazon Alexa devices and your Ring? Post them in our new Amazon Alexa board!

Turning Off Neighbor Safety Report

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Turning Off Neighbor Safety Report

Does anyone know how to turn off the Neighbor Safety Report?

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Turning Off Neighbor Safety Report

Hey @wowatracy. If you are an Android phone user, you should be able to turn this setting off! If you're on the iOS platform, disabling the Safety Report is not a feature for that version at this time. If you go into your notification/alert settings within the Android version, you will see the option to disable this as shown in the attached screenshot here. Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have done this, the indicator is in the off position, but I am still receiving this report. What can I do to turn it off? 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

My notification setting is off and I'm still getting this annoying, unsolicited, useless notification. Who asked for this notification? I sure didn't. The whole neighborhood thing has become a joke, utterly useless.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

You can't turn off these incredibly annoying alerts in the IOS app?  What genius thought that was a good idea?  I've gotten about 15 of these alerts THIS MORNING and never want to get one again.

No problem, off to the app store to leave a one-star review.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

STOP sending me these stupid Safety Reports!!! I've received 10 today from a zip I don't even live in anymore!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I've received 8-10 of these today as well. They usually arrive on Sunday, so I'm assuming Ring is having an issue with their servers today. I'd recommend finding out how to submit a bug report if possible. The more people notify them, the quicker they'll fix it.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I also have Weekly Safety Report notification turned off and for unknown reason I've been receiving repeated notifications today 8/6/2020. Some type Ring glitch for sure. Hope it gets fixed soon. Any better place to report this problem?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey neighbors! Thank you for bringing up this concern. I have gotten this new information over to the appropriate teams who are now aware of this and are looking into this further. I will make sure to update you once I have more information, but please feel free to share if you notice these alerts dismiss again or persist in the meantime! 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

why is this still not fixed?  weekly 'safety' reports?  who said I wanted that or that Ring get's to tell me what information I have to see?  Stop these reports or give us the option of turning them off.  

Off to the app store for rating...