Turning Off Neighbor Safety Report

I’ve turned mine off and it keeps sending me the annoying safety reports. Soo annoying!!!

2 Likes

I have been trying to disable this notification for weeks. I am an Android user.

I have disabled neighborhood entirely. I have disabled safety reports. I have turned my location down to .09 miles. I have turned every notification in Neighborhood off.

THE SETTINGS KEEP RESETTING THEMSELVES.

I can’t just block all notifications from your app because then what good is a smart doorbell?

Nevermind the fact that your product is so slow to connect when someone is at my door, that it’s USELESS for anything but checking footage after the fact. Activating device… activating device… Connecting to server… 30 seconds pass while I wait for it to show me a video feed. Oh, they’ve left. Go to event history… Answered ring, no it wasn’t. Oh, I can’t watch it til it uploads and post-processes. EVERY TIME.

Ring is great if you want to watch video of whoever rang your doorbell two minutes ago, or if you want unsolicited notifications you can’t disable. Other than that, it’s trash.

I’m cancelling my service (yes, I was on a paid plan), I’m rating your app one star on the app store, and I’m posting on all my social media to avoid your products like the plague. I’m tired of this dissapointment. I will never buy another product from Ring again as long as I live.

1 Like

Oh, btw, I could probably resell the doorbell and spotlight camera on craigslist, but I don’t want to subject anyone else to this product. It would feel like I’m scamming them, so it’s all going in the trash.

3 Likes

Add me to the list of annoyed customers. Pixel 2 here.

Getting these Safety Report notifications even though it’s disabled. It won’t even let me enable it.

Menu > Settings > Neighbors Settings > Notification Preferences:

* The schedule is off.

* Both notifications are off (Commants on Posts, and Satefy Report) and can’t be enabled.

* Notification Types has Safety and Crime checked and they can’t be unchecked (they can, but they revert to checked).

I decided to force stop, clear data, uninstall, and reinstall. I’m not convinced this will be the end of it.

So many annoyances with this service. I’m very close to switching to my own remote-capable on-site security system with PoE doorbell/camera and stop paying Ring to annoy me.

I have seen these weekly safety reports for some time now. Report itself contains all kind of incidents from Tampa/US area using my zip code. I have set my zip code in settings correctly. I have also set my country correctly.

Biggest issue for me is that I am living in Finland and zip code is finnish one…

Have confirmed that no matter what you do there is no way to disable the Safety Report notification in the Ring app for Android. One week after completely resetting my app I received a Safety Report notification. My notification for the Safety Report is still turned off in the app, yet I continue receiving them.

This attitude of putting off a bug fix and instead spending time on new features is not new to software development. Many companies do this to the annoyance of their existing user base. This is just another good product ruined after being bought by Amazon.

In a time of unnecessary fear-mongering that feature is only further polarizing our country! This feature needs to be disabled (until the development team has an opportunity to further refine the feature to support opt in). I know your development teams make an effort to be socially conscious, so speak up and push back on this feature! I’m sure it seemed like a good idea at the time, but it is not what we need right now. BTW - yes the notifications are just annoying in general. Flip the feature flag and turn this off!

1 Like

I bought the RING so I could be notified that someont was at the door, see who it was and speak to them if I chose to do so. That’s all I wanted. Simple. Period. It worked very well for the first two weeks and then got iffy. The company tried to tell me it was my equipment, wi-fi etc. which doens’t explain why it worked so well at the beginining and I haven’t changed anything. Also the more features they add, the worse it gets. The great solution according to RING was to download Rapid RING which works just as lousy and only directs me to RING. I’ve lost count of the conversations I’ve had with them .'ve decided that as soon as I get my bell wired, I’m getting a better product that suits my needs. RING does not work well and it has become nothing more than another venue for Social Media.

1 Like

Very annoying. iOS user here.

2 Likes

I WANT THESE NOTIFICATIONS GONE! UPDATE THE IOS APP!!!

1 Like

Hi Neighbors. Just wanted to step in and offer these quick steps to see if it improves your experience at all. With the Ring app open, select- Menu > Neighbors > (Gear Icon) > Customize Neighbors. From here you will be able to select what type of reports you see. Additionally, you can tap on Customize Notifications to set a Schedule and then tap on Notification Types to toggle on/off the types of reports you receive notifications for. I have had success with these steps on my iPhone XS. I hope this helps you as well!

If you need additional support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I’m using the iOS Ring app on my iPhone 11 Pro and the steps provided by @Tom_Ring above _ do not work _. I have been receiving the unsolicited “Your ZIP Safety Report is Ready” push notification for many months now, and there is still no way to disable it or stop it.

In my settings for Neighbors > Customize Neighbors > Customize Notifications > Notification Types, _I have everything disabled _(see attached screenshot), yet the notifications still come through every Thursday morning.

I chatted with support and they gave the same response as given earlier in this thread back in June of this year: that for some inexplicable reason, you cannot turn these off in the iOS app.

This is annoying, frustrating, and, at this point, incompetence. I won’t be recommending Ring doorbells.

@Tom_Ring wrote:

Hi Neighbors. Just wanted to step in and offer these quick steps to see if it improves your experience at all. With the Ring app open, select- Menu > Neighbors > (Gear Icon) > Customize Neighbors. From here you will be able to select what type of reports you see. Additionally, you can tap on Customize Notifications to set a Schedule and then tap on Notification Types to toggle on/off the types of reports you receive notifications for. I have had success with these steps on my iPhone XS. I hope this helps you as well!

If you need additional support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Except… this does not work. I have this setting set exactly how you indicate it should be, and I STILL get the stupid report every few days. Maybe you should double-check your “solution” before you post it and make sure it is actually a solution. I want exactly 2 notifications from ring: if my doorbell rings or if my alarm goes off. Nothing else. If that cannot be accomplished, I will be cancelling my service and finding alternate soltions.

1 Like

Nope doesn’t work. My notification prefs are off for this, and I just got one. Super annoying there’s no way to turn these off.

1 Like

I have it turned off in every way I can – including the way in your screenshot – and it still sends me these fricken texts. I want it off.

Same here. I have it set to no reports in the one are, then in the area were it asks what kind of reports you want, it won’t let you turn off ALL types. I chose lost pets as the least offensive, but I still get notices for everything.

I am disgusted and want it gone.

OMG, I found the solution. There is a second Ring app called Rapid Ring. It ONLY does the video door bell part–you know, the only part I wanted. You get motion and video alerts from your door bell and only yours. You can see and speak to whoever is at the door and that is it!

Thank god, this was driving me nuts.

2 Likes

@AngryNestUser wrote:

Oh, btw, I could probably resell the doorbell and spotlight camera on craigslist, but I don’t want to subject anyone else to this product. It would feel like I’m scamming them, so it’s all going in the trash.

Don’t throw it in the trash, you could be fined from your city. You should properly dispose of it at an Electronic Waste “eWaste” center.

1 Like

2 months later and still no fix for this? How can there be a way to stop this on android but not IOS?

Easy fix: Get rid of your ring device and delete your account. I’m seriously tempted to do that. I don’t think the developers understand just how vehemently certain people hate notifications. maybe we are in the minority? but I doubt it. Consider that for certain types of mental illness this can be seriously triggering… people in the ADHD / autism spectrum deal differently with distractions, and so take every step necessary to reduce them. One of the only notifications I haven’t figured out how to disable is this stupid Ring one. Great, now I just disable them all, including the doorbell. What a useless product.