Turning Off Neighbor Safety Report

Hey @wowatracy. If you are an Android phone user, you should be able to turn this setting off! If you’re on the iOS platform, disabling the Safety Report is not a feature for that version at this time. If you go into your notification/alert settings within the Android version, you will see the option to disable this as shown in the attached screenshot here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have done this, the indicator is in the off position, but I am still receiving this report. What can I do to turn it off?

4 Likes

My notification setting is off and I’m still getting this annoying, unsolicited, useless notification. Who asked for this notification? I sure didn’t. The whole neighborhood thing has become a joke, utterly useless.

17 Likes

You can’t turn off these incredibly annoying alerts in the IOS app? What genius thought that was a good idea? I’ve gotten about 15 of these alerts THIS MORNING and never want to get one again.

No problem, off to the app store to leave a one-star review.

16 Likes

STOP sending me these stupid Safety Reports!!! I’ve received 10 today from a zip I don’t even live in anymore!

12 Likes

I’ve received 8-10 of these today as well. They usually arrive on Sunday, so I’m assuming Ring is having an issue with their servers today. I’d recommend finding out how to submit a bug report if possible. The more people notify them, the quicker they’ll fix it.

5 Likes

I also have Weekly Safety Report notification turned off and for unknown reason I’ve been receiving repeated notifications today 8/6/2020. Some type Ring glitch for sure. Hope it gets fixed soon. Any better place to report this problem?

4 Likes

Hey neighbors! Thank you for bringing up this concern. I have gotten this new information over to the appropriate teams who are now aware of this and are looking into this further. I will make sure to update you once I have more information, but please feel free to share if you notice these alerts dismiss again or persist in the meantime!

1 Like

why is this still not fixed? weekly ‘safety’ reports? who said I wanted that or that Ring get’s to tell me what information I have to see? Stop these reports or give us the option of turning them off.

Off to the app store for rating…

11 Likes

Please let us turn off the weekly safety report on iOS devices.

3 Likes

Just an update on this: I received another safety report today, I went in to check my settings and the notification had mysteriously turned on. I have since turned it off and will update if I receive another notification next week.

1. I do not want Neigbor Safety Reports.

2. Does anyone want to recommend a logical replacement for a Ring Doorbell and Drive way camera with security lights? I cannot do business with a company that no longer does the ONE THING I need, and no more than that one thing.

3. When someone rings my doorbell, I want my phone to notify me and let me talk to person at the door, RIng no longer does this relaiably or well enough at all .

The ONE THING I bough it for does not work.

Time for a new product from a different company.

Let’s see how fast Ring deletes this post.

I do not want neighbor safety reports.

I do not want Ring monitoring my camera or using the data/video in any way.

I can delete the app and stop paying monthly for Ring services if this will help

and solve my problem.

7 Likes

I go into the neighborhood part. Then tap the gear icon. Then turn off all the notifications. I don’t get any at all. I have Android phones. Maybe the iPhones app is different some way…

That doesn’t work for IOS. Notifications are already off and I get these weekly.

Ring - just let me see who answers or it’s time to look up alternatives

2 Likes

Just adding on, I’m also having the same problem in iOS

1 Like

I have the same issues on my iOS devices. If Ring does not correct this it will be time to get rid of their devices!

2 Likes

iOS user, all notifications off, and I still get this useless garbage notification.
Is there a way to stop this short of canceling my service ?

1 Like

I never asked for any safety report. I get much more accurate report from local police department. It should be up to the owner of devise if they want to receive this useless report or not. Not giving option to disable it on ios is unacceptable. I disabled all notification alerts and still getting this unwanted and annoying weekly report which makes it impossible to have my ios devise near by. Please stop sending it!!

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

Hey @wowatracy. If you are an Android phone user, you should be able to turn this setting off! If you’re on the iOS platform, disabling the Safety Report is not a feature for that version at this time. If you go into your notification/alert settings within the Android version, you will see the option to disable this as shown in the attached screenshot here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi neighbors! The Safety Report is an automated alert that occurs each Sunday, when you are using the Neighbors feature and the Neighbors app. Check out our help center article for more information on this report.

If you are an Android phone user, you should be able to turn this setting off in the notification/alert settings section of your Ring app. If you’re on the iOS platform, disabling the Safety Report is not a feature for that version at this time.

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile:

Marley_Ring, your answer only angers customers. We’ve been getting the same template answers instead of the ability to disable the safety report which is a simple thing the developers NEED to implement. Also stating the safety report is enabled by default when using the Neighbors feature is extremely upsetting seeing as how that is a REQUIREMENT for Ring devices. These “awesome features” that users can’t control from the app are single handily destroying the product.

8 Likes