Timeline Feature version 5.22.1

This latest update, Jan 17 2020, puts the Timeline Feature back on again with no option to turn it off.
WTF is wrong with you people???
PUT IT BACK AS AN OPTION!

3 Likes

Hi @Vinnie424. The timeline feature is a permanent addition to the Ring app, providing neighbors with a quick and easy way to see all events and their associated recordings in one place. It is a crucial part of many features such as Snapshot Capture.

If you’d like to go straight to the event history, you can tap the history tile on the dashboard. At your earliest convenience, please review our Community Guidelines to ensure we are making the Community the best it can be for all neighbors.

@Marley_Ring

Having the timeline feature as a permanent addition is one thing however it was always an OPTION. If you read the community forums and the reviews in the Apple AppStore you would see that many people, including myself, do NOT like this timeline feature at all. It is not a quick and easy way to see your events and recordings. I see more recordings when scrolling from top to bottom as opposed to scrolling from left to right. It also takes up valuable screen space. It also slows up the whole process of viewing through my camera. When I go to live view my camera, want to see my live view without all that unnecessary timeline feature stuff. That’s why I had the timeline feature turned OFF.
The timeline feature needs to get put back as an option.

1 Like

@Marley_Ring Nobody is saying Timeline should go away. We’re saying make it an option again so that we can see an instant full-screen view upon activity, not the Timeline view, where the video window is only 1/3 of the screen and the timeline itself takes up half. It’s terrible for notification. It’s fine for scrubbing through historic events.

This was actually fixed in 5.22 after breaking it in the previous version. Now, in 5.22.1, it’s broken again.

The buried setting to change alerts (Settings > Device Settings > Alert Settings > Notification Settings > In-App Notifications Toggle) does not function as it used to. When you turned this setting on and then off again, the app would pop a warning message telling us we’re about to “Show fullscreen live video when Alerts are received” and tells us this impacts all of our RING products. This feature no longer functions. Instead, alerts still take us to the Timeline screen. I attached a screenshot of this broken option page from the Android app. I also have an iPad and it’s busted there, too.

That’s it. It really is that simple. Fix the broken option that is already in the app. Easy peasy. You guys keep fixing and breaking stuff. It’s really odd.

Thanks,

MT

1 Like

So we are being forced to use the timeline feature now? Guess its time to find something better. I always love when a company forces its customers into a change they don’t like or want with no options. Definitly a smart move!

Keep up the good work Ring.

Sincerely,

A Future Nest customer

1 Like

Version 5.23 is here and the Timeline Feature has been enabled again with no way turn it off!!! What the hell is wrong with you people? Nobody likes this feature and everyone has complained about it and you decide to just turn it back on. Apparently no one is reading the reviews in the Apple App Store or on these forums. This problem and many others have existed ever since you made updates from version 5.20. This has been going on now for about 3 months. I said I would cancel my yearly subscription and I have. The Ring cameras were a wonderful thing but these latest updates have made them practically useless. This Timeline Feature being forced upon us again is like the straw breaking the camels back. It looks like I will be getting a new security system sooner than later.

1 Like

Hey neighbors! For the Event History Timeline, there is an option that we have implemented for you to turn this off. You can find this option under your Ring app in the main menu > Account > and then a toggle to turn off Event History Timeline. It will look like this image below. I have mine turned on, but you just need to toggle it in the off position and to the left and you’ll be set! :slight_smile: unnamed.jpg

1 Like

In which version does this option appear because it’s not in version 5.23

@Vinnie424 I made sure to update my app as well and just double checked, I am on iOS app version 5.23.0. If you are not seeing this, please remove your Ring app, reboot your phone (turn it off/on) and then reinstall the app! If you still don’t see this, please attach a screenshot of what you see for me to pass on. You will also want to make sure your iOS or Android software is up to date as well.

I am using the latest iOS update on both my iPhone and iPad. The iPad updated last night with no option to turn off the Timeline. I have not updated the app on my iPhone.

@Vinnie424 You will have to make sure you update your iPhone, and if you still don’t see this after the update, please try the steps I listed with removing the Ring app (on your iPad and iPhone), rebooting your device (turn it off/on) and then reinstall the app. If you still do not see this after the fact, please let me know what your iOS version is (for both devices), app version is, and a screenshot of not seeing this on your account page. I will need this information to pass it onto our appropriate team that could look into this further for us.

It worked on my iPhone. The Timeline is disabled. I will repeat the steps on my iPad. If it doesn’t work I’ll let you know.
Thanks.

1 Like