cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silencing Ring Notification While Home

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Silencing Ring Notification While Home

We have two floodlight cameras, a doorbell, and two additional floodlights installed around our house. When someone leaves in the morning the notifications drive me crazy to the point where I want to take everything down and go back to no Ring devices. I don't feel I should have to purposely go into each camera setting and snooze it for a few hours just so I don't get bombarded with alerts. I do realize this could easily be an error on my part in not understanding the settings in the Ring app. Is there a setting I am missing that says we are home and don't need so many alerts? 

Also, I no longer see my Ring Bridge in the devices list within the app, so I can't even silence the floodlights but they somehow still are working. I appreciate any feedback you could give to help me figure this out. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Silencing Ring Notification While Home

Hey @SilveI2ado. I have great news! If you utilize the Motion Alerts feature, you can schedule times where you do not want to receive these alerts. You can learn more about how to do this in our Help Center Article hereSmiley Happy 

For the Bridge, are you the owner of the devices or the shared user? If you're the owner, you should still see it under the devices list. If you're the shared user, reach out to whomever is the owner and see if they can re-share this with you. In the event you still cannot see this either way, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We're taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Silencing Ring Notification While Home

I have a suggestion for the Ring app on this. It would be nice to have under mode settings a silence button or alert button that you could turn off depending on which mode you were in. It would be nice if I selected the home button and all the cameras I have motion alerts turned off on would be silenced. Just an idea!