Sharing Amazon key lock with another user

I have a lock in ring on dashboard, and my wife doesn’t see it. However she has the lock on Amazon key. How does she do it, it’s a ring compatible lock.

1 Like

Good question @thefyrehead! For sharing Smart Locks access, you should be able to create or share a PIN with this user. Check out our help center article which will talk more about users and roles with Smart Locks. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

She already has access to everything else. only this lock isn’t showing up even though it’s been shared and she can control it with Amazon key app

Thanks for clarifying @thefyrehead ! Your wife will have to use the two seperate apps at this time, as there is not a ‘Shared User’ feature for the Amazon Key Locks. However, I will send this request to the team!

1 Like

I bought the locks from you guys i believe, because they were listed on your website as compatible with ring. Had I known, I would have bought a different model which works well for shared users…my wife is the one that monitors that everything at home is secure, so its not just a matter of opening a different app for unlocking, but for checking house security everyday…I feel that the right thing to do is to swap out this lock with a compatible one no?

Hey @thefyrehead. Chiming in for Jennifer here! The only compatible locks that we have that can be used with shared users will be the Z-Wave Works With Ring locks that you can find here. If you have a Ring Alarm Home Security System, you can add any of these locks to the system to all your wife to have access to the lock as well. :slight_smile:

Hi Chelsea, I will give you more information, state my claim, and you can let me know if you can process it, otherwise you can esclate this please?

Here is the ring compatible product i bought from ring.

“Ring Video Doorbell 2 & Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt × 1 Aged Bronze”

I expect all users to see this in the ring app, but its not the case, its my front door, its necessary. What is ring going to do about this?

@thefyrehead As we are a neighbor to neighbor support forum, you will need to get this processed via our Return Process, which you can learn more about here, or through our support team. While you have purchased a lock from us, this is the wifi enabled lock, and not the Ring Alarm lock (which can be shared). Since the wifi lock uses Key by Amazon to be used and set up in the Ring app, this is why we are unable to allow for shared users of the lock. You can check out this article I found here, for more information on how to add users and extra codes to your lock. This will have to be done through setting up your lock through the Schlage app, from the looks of it.

In the case you may need to reach out to support for a replacement, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

You do not work for for ring? You are spending your time doing this for free?

The web and app chat points me here for help. We’ve been chatting for a week, and no answers in sight, in fact, you are telling me you cannot help. There is no email or chat support, and hold times are in the hours? Does this sound ok to you? Can you provide me with a written email support address?

Lastly, you are kindly providing solutions, but none of them work. The bottom line is this lock does not work as intended. And it needs to be exchanged for one that works.

thank you

@thefyrehead We are a neighbor to neighbor support forum for our Ring neighbors, and not a direct line to support on your specific account and devices. I’m happy to see what I can do for you, and find you the support you need for the return you are looking for. What region of the world are you located in? I will let you know what support is available from where you are located! In addition, do you have a Ring Alarm system? :slight_smile:

This is what I bought, description is clear, all within ring app.

Bottom line, doesn’t work as advertised.

Hi again, you do or do not work for ring?

I am in California, and I have a ring alarm, and pro monitoring. I depend very much on all the ring products.

@thefyrehead Thanks for getting back to me! I do understand where you are coming from and wanted to clear the air on the situation to ensure you get the proper lock for your system, which you can then share with the necessary people in the Ring app. This is only possible with a Works With Ring Z-Wave lock that you can connect to the Ring Alarm. We offered the Schlage Wifi lock with the Doorbell, as this lock is wifi enabled and used through the Key by Amazon app, in partner with the Doorbell. Ring Alarm currently supports more than 35 Z-wave locks from Schlage, Kwikset, Yale, and Danalock. As explained in this Help Center Article, the Wifi Enabled Schlage lock cannot be shared with other users at this time.

I can assure you that I am a Ring employee and a moderator of the Ring Community forum. Knowing how important your Ring of security is for you, I urge you to return this Wifi Lock, and purchase one of the compatible Z-Wave locks that you can add to your Ring Alarm system here. You can process a return through our self-service program as explained in the first question and answer in our Help Center Article here. If you’re unable to return the device through this method, it’s best to follow up with our support team directly. Since you are in California, you will need to call our support team at 1 800 656 1918 during 5AM - 8PM PDT, seven days a week via phone only.

The self support is not working in my case, and phone wait time is upwards of an hour.

Your help articles don’t help since consulting help articles are not part of the purchasing process, and this was never mentioned either when speaking with your sales reps.

Sooo…back to square one, can you escalate my issue since you work for ring? I am not going to wait on the phone, and I need a written avenue to receive support, aso if this isn’t it, please get me one.

We have spoken enough, please escalate.

Same issue for me. I spent more to get the Schlage Encode even though we liked the look of the cheaper Yale only because it said we’d be able to control the lock from the Ring app without needing a Ring Alarm. But I apparently need a Z-wave? Extremely disappointing that only ONE person can control the lock from the Ring app. Clearly a software option that could be added very easily.

Hey neighbors. Thank you for sharing your interest in this. At this time, Sharing your Smart Locks with a Shared User is not currently supported. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

Just finished installation of my Schlage Encode. Works great and through the ring app. Now I have the same.issue. All devices are shared with my wife and she is not seeing the lock on the dashboard. Is there an update planned for this? I can share all my other devices and not this one.

Hi @Firesuitffp. At this time, we do not have an update to provide regarding the Schlage Encode and being able to share it with Shared Users.