Shared User and New Modes Feature.

Does the new modes feature work with shared users?

When I attempt to use the new modes feature it says it is enabled.

If I click on it, I get a window that says someting went wrong.

It will allow me access after that but If I change a setting it won’t let me save the change.

Hey @BTC. Could you possibly take a screen recording of what error message you are running into? I just tried to change Modes from the shared user profile I am on for my mom’s account and didn’t have any concerns, so I would love to see what you’re seeing to better understand this!

When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as Youtube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Alternatively, if the video is saved in the Event History in your Ring App, you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated.

The first screenshot is what happens when a shared user attempts to change a settings under Mode Settings. The second is what pops up after a mode setting is changed and save is clicked.

@BTC Thanks for clearing that up! I wasn’t sure what Mode related thing they were trying to change, so this helps a lot. Shared users are unable to change Mode settings at this time, and in fact, the shared user should not have access to the Mode Settings to change, which makes sense why the change keeps failing to save. If you could, please having the shared user ensure they have the most up to date app version, and they can also remove the Ring app, reboot their phone and then reinstall the app to see if this Mode setting disappears for them, so they can avoid confusion in the future! Shared users can change what Mode the location is in from the Dashboard at any time.