cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen reverts to portrait mode after leaving live view.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Screen reverts to portrait mode after leaving live view.

• I agree that this is new and unacceptable. I have 4 cameras and have used the app on my iPad to review the events from overnight each morning. I I just spoke to customer support and apparently they're going to do something to revert the functionality for me in the next 24 hours. I'll keep you posted.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

As I use my iPad in landscape mode with a keyboad to manage multiple cams, this release is a significant reduction in functionality for me. Not being able to effectively use my iPad to review videos in landscape mode (like I was able to do before) has negatively impacted my use of Ring. Would be much better if Ring can revert to the previous (well designed) functionality. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Dear Ring,

Another vote here to fix this terribly annoying bug.  This is a user experience 101 mistake, Ring....  My wife thinks I'm trying to drive somewhere on some iPad video game because I keep holding it up and twisting it back and forth all the time.

FIX THIS PLEASE!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey neighbors! After checking into this matter with the appropriate teams, it looks like the Timeline viewable in landscape mode was removed for consistency in the latest update of the app. Although, we heard a lot of neighbor feedback on this concern and our team is working on reverting this back to how it once was for the future. Look out for app updates in the future for when this will return! Just wanted to pass on the good news and thank you all for your feedback. We make changes only to make the neighbor experience better, and we couldn't have gotten this pushed without your help! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Yay it's fixed! I don't see an Accepted Solution button, but thank you!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Why on earth would I use the TABLET in portrait mode to use the app? Did anyone from development used a tablet? My tablets are fixed to the wall in LANDSCAPE mode and imagine how I constantly tilt my head 90 degrees to use the app in portrait. 

So, dear Ring app developers try to use common sense and not fix something that is not broken. I can not use the app in current state.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Not on my windows 7 computer, it still keeps telling me to turn my device. My monitor is 27 inches