SLOW app

Ring app and the rapid ring work great for me untill I am on my home network. Then it simply takes forever to launch or won’t launch at all. I have 3 devices doorbell, spotlight cam (wired) and a solar / battery spotlight cam. Its faster if I turn off wifi and use the phones data plan to connect. It seems to be fine connecting through the computer (hard wired ) to the router.

1 Like

Hey @Butch2112 ! This sounds like it could be wifi or phone connection related. If the app is working just fine on cellular data or LAN connection, I recommend continuing to use it this way when at home. It’s possible with all the devices connected to your home network, bandwidth may be delegating more resources to some devices than others, such as your mobile device. Additionally, double checking your network health with your Internet service provider, is always a great step. Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I’m experiencing the same problem and I can’t help but feel there’s more to it. Some searching online seems to indicate that it may be an android phone issue, but so far I haven’t been able to find any real solutions. Just like the OP, if I switch to data it works just fine and, more importantly, my new Echo Show on the very same wi-fi network will show the video image within about three seconds. It has to be a setting on the phone, a port on the router, or something.