Ringtones

Hi

I’ve recently bought a Ring Doorbell (version 2) for the first time. I’m keep to use bespoke, usual, fun ringtones. The current list is a little standard and samey. I have two questions please

Firstly, I’ve read about the Addams Family ringtone and it sounded awesome. Shame it has been withdrawn. Are there plans to bring it back this Autumn? And can it be kept as a ringtone option all year round? Shame not to still have that available all the time

Secondly, are there plans for any other fun ringtones, e.g. Star Wars or Star Trek themed? Sports themed, etc. Or anything else a bit different? I’d even be willing to pay a few pounds to download, own and use unusual ringtones that I like the sound of, and I’m sure many other people would to

Thank you

Gary

@Gazza2 wrote:

Hi

I’ve recently bought a Ring Doorbell (version 2) for the first time. I’m keep to use bespoke, usual, fun ringtones. The current list is a little standard and samey. I have two questions please

Firstly, I’ve read about the Addams Family ringtone and it sounded awesome. Shame it has been withdrawn. Are there plans to bring it back this Autumn? And can it be kept as a ringtone option all year round? Shame not to still have that available all the time

Secondly, are there plans for any other fun ringtones, e.g. Star Wars or Star Trek themed? Sports themed, etc. Or anything else a bit different? I’d even be willing to pay a few pounds to download, own and use unusual ringtones that I like the sound of, and I’m sure many other people would to

Thank you

Gary

Hello @Gazza2 ,

Yes, sometimes Ring pushes out some pretty cool sounding Ringtones, Alert Tones, and Chirps Alerts through firmware updates. But generally they are seasonal and temporary. I’m guessing, but with Covid-19 issues complicating everything lately, priorities have to be made and we will have to be patient.

There are “workarounds” and some people have utilized their “Alexa” Echo to provide some unique Ringtones (can be found in the Ring Integrations Forum).

Also, many people submit requests on the “Feature Request Board” for Ring Teams to look at and incorporate new ideas. Whenever you see a Feature Request there that you agree with, you should click on the “Thumbs-Up” icon to add your Kudo vote on the left side of the author’s request (at the beginning of the thread postings. The more “Thumbs Up” that a request receives, the more likely to get the Ring Team’s attention and possible implementation.

Many requests have been actually incorporated into the Ring App and Ring devices. This Feature Request maybe just what you are looking for, and if so, add your “Thumbs Up”:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Custom-Alerts-Chirp-Sounds-selections/idi-p/49415

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like