Ring app slow to load

Ring app slow to load my Internet is great. Every time I try to answer the doorbell it says video processing. Even though I have reset the motion Multiple times it still picks up the street. All of the proper filters have been applied

3 Likes

Hey @EMRS. What device do you have that this is happening on? What phone are you running the Ring app on, as well as what is the phone’s OS version? What is the RSSI for your Ring device that gives you the video processing message when you try to view a recent event? You can learn more about RSSI in our Community post here. Lastly, please let me know what your motion settings look like and I can help you by looking into this further with you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

iPhone x

version 13.5.1

i don’t ever an RSSI number

the motion settings are for people only (still picks up cars and the settings are tight to the house) but it doesn’t pick up people when someone is standing right on top of the doorbell. No matter how I said it it does not pick up the people

1 Like

@EMRS Thanks so much for getting back to me! After taking a look at your Motion Settings from the screenshots, it should definitely be picking up something closer to the Doorbell since you have the settings down pretty low. It does seem like the view for the camera isn’t ideal though, and you may need to install a Corner Kit to point it more to the left or a Wedge Kit to point it down more, taking the street more out of the view and pushing it towards the top.

If you cannot find relief in installing either a Corner or Wedge Kit, or this may not be possible for the setup you have, I recommend following up with our support team on this concern so they can help you look into your RSSI and connection the device has. For that follow up, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know what you end up doing and how it goes! :slight_smile:

Thanks. The wedge kit is already installed. I can see everything on the camera. The rest is useless.

1 Like

Same here. The ring doorbell just no longer works like it’s supposed to. By the time I can get things loaded to answer the door, the person has walked away.

5 Likes

I have the same issue. I thought it was due to being too far from the WAP so I bought a booster/extender and it still takes for ever to open. I always miss the person. Also from the time they press the button and the chime goes off, there is a 3 sec delay.

1 Like

I have tested this on an iphone 7, iphone 11, ipad air, Note 10 and a S10. I get the same results across the board.

2 Likes

The ring app is garbage. There is NO logical reason that when you manually turn on the camera it should take 5/10/20/45/60 sec to load. Timing is everything and the diff between catching a incident vs bad things happening. <br><br>I live in an apartment my peephole cam is less than 15ft from my router linksys 1900a/c. And when I manually want to turn on the cam I get the processing message before it shows the video. I have some DV type neighbors and this is not cool I bought this unit AND spare batt to help keep crazy at bay and protect myself. Fix your software. It’s completely unnecessary. Or start refunding people money for a faulty product. <br><br>Oh and the “rapid ring” app is not any better RING company fix the darn issue or give me my money back<br><br>

3 Likes

This only became a problem over the past few months and recently, Ring has become worthless to me. I’ve called support about the app taking an intolerable amount of lime to load on my phone and really got no help at all. I have a great wi-fi connection (400mbps), a great RSSI (51) rating yet still it takes forever to load the app on my android phone. I get these messages:

**Loading your Dashboard**   (this message pops-up immediatly for a couple of seconds)

**This is taking longer that expected...** (this message reamins for minutes)

I was planning to acquire additional Ring products but there is no way I will based on this issue. I have come to the conclusion that I need to find another vendor that provides better performance and and will write off the cost of the Ring dorbell as a bad investment.

I too have experienced that it takes so long for ring to respond that if I dont look out a window to see who’s at the door, I’ll never get to them by relying on ring.

5 Likes

I agree with you William
Time for a refund

2 Likes

Come on Ring !!
What are your plans for this rubbish app
I have tried it on my iPhone, IPad, & on my Daughter’s device & her doorbell so no more excuses, your app is just unexceptable
By the time you hear the chime app loaded the visitor has left, I could have gone home & answered the door quicker

2 Likes

I have the same issue, it’s useless .

1 Like

I have the same issue, it’s useles

1 Like

same here, utterly useless app, because I want to see 5 min after someone has come , stolen all my packages and left that someone is at my door. … my new favorite is now the html site is just as useless… what are we paying Google for here exactly, it isn’t security that’s for sure.

everything was “okay” weeks ago (not worth what they charge by any stretch but it was almost useful)

I bought my first ring door camera at Christmas and I am SO DISAPPOINTED. I have all the issues others have mentioned. I bought a brand new eero 6 wifi system so that is close to the door now. When I go to live view it takes so long to load it is useless (from my iPhone X max). Same for the echo show 5 I bought specifically to use with it.
Not only is it slow to go to live view, but when I get a notification that there is an event, it says video processing. Even trying to go back over the events of the day it takes forever to load them. I pay for the cloud service. What the heck is wrong with this thing? Doorbell 3 mode.

1 Like

Give us more server processing or I’m not paying the fee next year!

1 Like

What is the point of paying you to store it if I can’t watch it. I have hard wired high speed internet and nearly brand new computer and phone. The problem is on your end so stop pretending its not and fix it. Maybe you need new management in the ring department Amazon.

2 Likes

Did this issue ever get resolved? I just turned my subscription back on and I’m having same problem. Had a delivery today and Ring never recognized anyone at my door.

2 Likes

Hi @Imarie. Is there an event in you History for when the delivery occurred? After the event, it may take a few minutes to process and populate in your Event History. As a test, try ringing your Doorbell and seeing if the event will appear. I hope this helps.