Ring app freezes on "Nearby Incidents" iOS 13.3

For the past week or so, the “Nearby Incidents” tab data (videos and map) freeze up and the app does not respond. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app, and had hoped the recent app update would have solved the issue. Is anyone else experiencing this?

3 Likes

I’m having the exact same problem, it started doing it about 3 weeks ago and its very frustrating. Ring please get this bug fixed.

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem as well. Very aggravating. Ring, please fix this bug.

3 Likes

Same here on iPhone Pro
Very annoying, makes this feature unusable.
Please fix it ASAP

2 Likes

Yes, same issue starting 3/17 with iOS 13.3.

2 Likes

Mine keeps freezing when trying to read nearby posts. I get three into it and freezes. No answer from Ring I see. Way to go Jamie Seminoff

3 Likes

Using IPhone 10 and Ring app is repeatedly crashing or freezing when trying to view nearby incidents. Been going on for about 10 days. Recently installed updates. We need a fix.

2 Likes

I too am having the same issue while viewing the nearby incidents page! It’s been at least a month or more but it only happens when using the app on my iPhone . I have zero issues while using the app on my iPad. Both are running the current iOS . It would be nice if Ring would at least acknowledge, it would be even better if they’d fix it.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, neighbors! We always value neighbor feedback and are sharing this with the appropriate teams.

In the meantime, please try the following to resolve this concern:

• Remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device.
  • Disabled bluetooth and VPN
  • Try on wifi only. Try on cell data only.
  • If possible try on another mobile device.

Feel free to let us know how this goes, and any other observations you have related to nearby events freezing the app.

Seems like a bad update.

It started when I received an update.

Deleted and reinstalled, alls well.

Mine has been doing the same thing since I installed the 13.4 update on iPhone. So annoying as I cannot access nearby incidents.

1 Like

Yes, I have been having the same issue for at least a couple of months now.