Ring app STILL FREEZING ON IOS!

So wife and I have iPhone 11 and 11 pro Max. Ring app has been freezing since oh… I don’t know… JANUARY? I’ve opened 2 tickets. I can’t watch more than 3 events before it locks up, lags, then has to be shut down. Same thing on my wife phone.

Support says “oh this is new” Plenty of posts here with it happening. Email back support agent, no response. I pay for service that doesn’t work. It’s not my internet connection it’s THE APP.

Does one need to start a class action to get it fixed here? The app DOES NOT WORK as advertised.

Get it together Ring. We need an app that works. Yes, I’ve deleted and reinstalled like every day.

Hi @DaveM77. When you experience this on the Ring App, how many other apps are running in the background. If you have multiple apps running, streaming video in the Ring app could be too much for your phones RAM and causing this issue. Would you be able to share a screen recording of this issue on your Ring app when all other apps are closed and you are not on wifi? When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. I can then pass this to the appropriate team to further investigate this.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled. Both phones. Wiped both phones, installed ring- only app, still freezes.

I’ve cleared the ram, ran ring with no apps running and with apps running. Freezes.

I’ve sent multiple videos to support Dept. I have 2 tickets open, without resolve, without response. I was away this weekend and became irate that I can’t use the live feature
and I needed to.

I came to support and found this area, and others are having the same issue. so support telling me it’s just my wife’s phone, my phone, is an absolutely lie.

I can share what ever you need. I JUST NEED IT FIXED. I have 10 cams, some wires to Ethernet. I have 2 more cams to install that I just can’t bother with until it’s fixed. We pay for a service that doesn’t operate as advertised. This happened in January, after an iOS update, that your service hasn’t been compatible with.

Here is a video I just made…

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-6uZfmjW4G5UVn6KNaWSMrskIvpFY8-j

Hi @DaveM77. Thanks for sharing that video Are we able to find your support ticket using the email address associated with your Community account? If so, we can ensure a team member from our team takes a look into your case and gets back to you.

Tom, if it’s my gmail email address yes. I have more videos from today. Sheer frustration. I know you’re trying to help, it’s much appreciated but it it should be resolved with your coders.

I could not do anything with the app today. It’s just about useless to try and review video. I was attempting to go back Saturday October 10 to review footage. It was impossible. It froze every 30 seconds. I’m guessing I’ll just forget trying to find the footage needed for a neighbor. Smashing my face against glass is more productive at this point.

Hi @DaveM77. I’ve reached out to the team handling this issue. They’ve assured me that they will contact you and provide and update. Thank you.

I’m having exactly same issue. I have Iphone 12 Pro and there is absoluyno RAM issue… This stupid app is just keep freezing. I have 6 cameras and it is just frustrating to watch video ir change anything in that App.
Please stop pointing fingers at users and blaming RAM/ open apps/connection…etc. Pls tell your development team to look into your code. There is a major issue. I’m sick and tired of this. Don’t even feel like opening up this app anymore.

I have the same issue as well. iPhone 7 and getting so frustrated that I have to kill the app and restart it again. Evena a restart is good for one min and after a couple of swipes it freezes again.

Accessing the videos using my laptop directly from the Ring website is fine. So it’s the Ring app. Who is in charge over there?

This is pure crap. Does the Ring development team know anythig about testing?

And please Ring: spare me the BS about “check your RAM, other apps, …”

Clearly you folks are still living in the 1990s.

I’m having the same problem with the app. I can hardly preview/watch the videos or live view

in the app for 20 seconds. It just freezes. I have 2020 IPad and iPhone 11

I have 10 cameras.

I have deleted the app and reinstalled on several occasions.

It’s a major problem that needs urgent attention!!

it’s been going now for a while. When are you going to resolve it?

Sorry to hear this is persisting neighbors! Removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device is a great step, if you have not tried already. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled on the mobile device, or any apps running in the background that might be impacting processing or communication ability. Testing app connection on wifi only, or cellular data only, is a great way to test which connection is best on the mobile device, or in a location.

If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I can more then second this, since the start of the year we have been having the same problem and despite calling and complaining to ring on multiple occassions it has never been resolved. I have been so disapointed with the service we have received to the point that not only has my app been freezing on all devices we have been having other issues such as our cameras going offline completely for many hours yet our wifi and everything else in the house was all fine.

Rings customer service team always do the same thing when we ring them, they make out we are the only people to have this issue which clearly is not the case (even on trustpilots site people have given poor reviews due to the app issues etc)

We both have Iphones of different models with the latest IOS, we dont have loads of apps running in the background, we have both on many occassions done what ring keep saying by removing the app, then switching the phone off then on and reinstalling the app. They keep saying it is being escalated and someone will be in touch but no one ever phones us back and has never resolved the issues .

I have also sent 4 emails to Ring’s email address - help@ring.com and info@ring.com yet not a single response has been sent back to me.

Considering I have a ring pro doorbell and 5 cameras (spending around £1200 just to buy without the installation costs) you would think that Ring would value a customer like this who also pays for the top annual service contract with them, but clearly not.

The other issue we had was the ring floodlight cameras (hard wired version) seem to put the lights on any time of the day when you go near it, so i highlighted this with Ring as the lights are LED and cannot be changed, when they burn out you have to change the entire unit, yet they told me on the phone that i had to change a setting, they went through it with me and now from one time to another they stay on continuesly, its a complete joke as I asked ring if this will 100% on turn on and off during these times when motion is detected and he was adement that it would.

Another issue I complained to them about which they have not solved or even replied to me is that one of my cameras will constantly repeate every 1-2 seconds motion detected, which is annoying as it should alert me once so i can click on to it, but because of this it means i end up with 60 notifications on my phone within a couple of minutes!

Their support team actually told me that I should use the ring app login on my computer, but that defeats the object as the whole point is that you can check things from your smart phone and answer your door from there! they then even tried to get me to use their rapid ring app which again means you cannot go through the events on!

Other issues included the front door bell disconnecting on its own despite it being right next to a wifi router! other times ring has not even notified either of our phones when someone has gone past my ring flood light cams and upto my ring door bell pro!

Copy and paste on many threads is extremely annoying. We get it. You are mad. But seriously. Stop