Ring History not being saved

My history has stopped being saved. I have the basic feature which I paid for.

1 Like

Hey @George_S, if you are having any concerns with your subscription and the videos not saving, it would be best to reach out to our support team for this. They can take a deeper look into your account to get this sorted out, so please give them a chat whenever you have a chance here.

1 Like

Hi @George_S or Chelsea, did you resolve this? We have been having same issue. The history only shows live views, it is not saving the motions or doorbell rings anymore. Nothing changed in our setup, it just stopped about a week or two ago.

1 Like

Hey @dgerard! If your Live Views are saving, your other events should also show up in your event history list. Please access the Ring app, select Event History, and check each tab for event type to see if the videos show in there. If not, try removing the Ring app and reinstalling it on your mobile device.

You can confirm your subscription and videos further, by signing in via web browser at Ring.com. A Ring Protect Basic plan will cover one Doorbell or Camera, while the Ring Protect Plus or Pro plan covers all Doorbells and Cameras at one location. If this concern persists, the best next step would be to reach out to our support team for further assistance. Let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This problem just started for me several days ago. A supervisor with overseas phone support had me delete and reset the motion zones. We determined that live view was working before doing this. It worked, but in 11 hours the videos again stopped appearing in history. I reset the zones again and this time videos loaded for only 4 hours. All cameras are functioning and connected to the internet.

Since all of us only begin to have this problem in February, could it be a software update problem, etc. I have now emailed Ring with this problem, asking for U.S. support. When can we expect a solution from Ring?

Our Neighborhood Watch is losing valuable activity needed to combat a drug house in our neighborhood.

Same problem also, this is a RING issue, not a user issue. Please resolve.

Sam the same is there a fix coming?

1 Like

Looks like still no reply over 2 years??

Hi @LeoYes. You can check the marked solution for help with this concern. :slight_smile:

I have the same issue - after trial I purchased the basic protect plan and I see the msg in the app “Your videos are not being saved…” I logged out of the app and back in but the issue persists.

Why is this happening after paying for this subscription?

Hi @user44691. Do you have multiple devices? The Ring Protect Basic plan will cover one Ring Doorbell or Camera, while the Ring Protect Plus and Pro plan will cover all Doorbells and Cameras at one location. If you have the correct plan for the amount of devices you have, and this issue persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for additional assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.