Ring App "Motion Snooze" recommendation for your Developers

Just a quick idea for you Ring folks to please consider. A master motion snooze option. I just got of the phone with tech support and they concluded there’s no master motion snooze option that I’m trying to find. (I have not tried to research this ability based upon my recent tech call and their conclusion, so if there’s an option for this please someone direct me to it)

What I’m suggesting (and I can’t believe it’s not an option already) is that there’s an option to completely motion snooze the doorbell and flood cams. My household has 3 persons that use the app (wife and son), with me being the main creator/ user. If I’m doing say yard work or something else around the house, I can motion snooze MY app, but my wife and son still get annoying motion detection notifications on their phones until I’m done with yard work (usually 15-20+ notifications).

It seems to me that there should be some way to completely disable the motion notifications for whatever around the house need someone has (yard work, washing the car, painting the house, etc., etc.). I think the account holder should be able to master motion snooze cameras and etc. as needed.

Anyway, I like the cameras so far, but have found this lack of an overiding motion snooze option to be quite annoying. Please consider my suggestion.

5 Likes

We’ll share your feedback @FJkai !

1 Like

I also have this same problem. If I snooze all 3 devices (2 Ring2 & 1 Ring1) the notifications to my iPhone stop for the requested duration, but my husband still gets notices. And vice versa if he snoozes, I still get notices. I tried all 3 of the MODE settings, and even the Disarmed mode still sends us both notices. This is very very frustrating especially now with outdoor activity routinely. Please come up with a fix. Thank you.

Hey @sea0207. Utilizing the Motion Snooze through the global snooze feature on your Ring app will only snooze notifications for that exclusive application, which will result in any other apps shared with the devices will still get notifications. This is by design.

The new Modes feature that we have should be able to help out for this concern! These changes will need to be done from the owner’s account, but if you go into the Main Menu > Settings > Modes > and then make sure you configure Disarm mode to disable the Live View (this is optional) and disable the Motion Recording. Motion recording will be the big key factor here to make sure this is turned off.

Therefore, when you go back into the Dashboard and make sure you are in the Disarmed mode, you shouldn’t be getting notifications for devices that are listed as Disarmed, as they are not detecting motion whatsoever or recording it. You may still run into the Doorbell notification for a ring at your Doorbell come through if someone comes up to it and dings it, but this will help for motion events when you’re partaking in any outdoor activities! :slight_smile: