cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Questions about Amazon Alexa devices and your Ring? Post them in our new Amazon Alexa board!

Ring App dials on phone

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring App dials on phone

Not solved !!!!!

i have the same issue and have had various mails to and from ring about this and clearly the tech guys there dont read this information.

it not as easy as just turning of bluetooth as most people only have one phone... this will be connected to the car kit via bluetooth as thats how its used (legally too), someone rings my doorbell , by the time ive turned off bluetooth they have gone ! Therefore no point in having a ring doorbell...

more the point i dont see the need for bluetooth for ring to work anyway... how and where  and for what reason would you need bluetooth to use the ring app? ..

furthermore this wasnt a problem a few updates ago but is now .... incidently on more  than one phone and 2 different cars.

isnt it as simple as taking the bluetooth facility away from the ring app as there is no use for it...

p.s please share this with the rest of your tech support as clearly it isnt at the moment.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I'm having the same issue.  This really is unfortunate that ring is not offering a solution.  When I use my app in my car it takes over my phone bluetooth. This is a deal breaker.  I'll be sending back my cameras within the 30 day return policy.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I'm having the same issue. I just installed ring and thought I was doing something wrong. I'm really dishearted to see this issue has been happening for over 8 months with no resolution offered by ring. But every time I use my app my phone dials myself while in my car. It hijacks my bluetooth. I also noticed it while wearing a bluetooth headset in house.  Why is bluetooth being hijacked by Ring app?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

The issue is with the Ring app using the microphone when viewing live video. I just cleared the Ring app cache and all storage then went back to the app and logged in while in my car connected to Bluetooth then touched a camera to view video and the app did not make a call until after I allowed audio access to the microphone. The app developers have linked the audio ability to speak through your phone to the camera and somehow use a phone number in your contacts to make a call to link it instead of going directly over WiFi or your phones data connection to send and receive audio to and from the camera. If you deny access to audio it will not dial a call and it will not provide live video, all you will see are past recordings. I've experienced this problem since I purchased my Ring cameras in 2017. This issue is long overdue for a resolution.