cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Questions about Amazon Alexa devices and your Ring? Post them in our new Amazon Alexa board!

Ring App dials on phone

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring App dials on phone

Hi all

I have a strange issue. Whilst parked up waiting for someone yesterday, I checked my camera via theapp. At the time, my phone was connected to my hands free system in my car. The phone proceeded to make a call to my own number - obviously did not ring. I tried this a couple of times.

Does anybody have any idea why this is happening and how to stop it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Ring App dials on phone

Hey @Colourqueen , thank you for sharing your experience with the Community! With Ring Doorbells and Cams, being Wifi enabled devices, it is possible that there was some interference between your mobile phone's bluetooth and connecting to video in the Ring app. We recommend disabling bluetooth prior to streaming an event, for the best experience and optimal connection. I hope this helps!

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @Colourqueen , thank you for sharing your experience with the Community! With Ring Doorbells and Cams, being Wifi enabled devices, it is possible that there was some interference between your mobile phone's bluetooth and connecting to video in the Ring app. We recommend disabling bluetooth prior to streaming an event, for the best experience and optimal connection. I hope this helps!

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thanks for the reply.

The hands free in the car connects by bluetooth so that will be the reason for the issue.

I tested it today and the app was fine when the phone was disconnected from the hands-free but as soon as it was connected in the car, it dialled when I accessed the camera.

It is not a show stopper as I certainly would not be looking at the camera whilst driving - though a passenger could!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback! 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

That didn't work on my android and I am sitting about 5 feet from my Ring Doorbell. When my cellphone is connected to wifi it works great. It used to work both ways with and without wifi on phone before the firmware updates. Basically, when I try to connect to any of my cameras live view without my phone being connected to wifi and my bluetooth turned off  it still will not connect. Can I get some other solution to this?  Thanks

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @GeezyWith Ring Doorbells and Cams being wifi enabled devices, it is possible that bluetooth can interfere with video streaming for a variety of reasons such as a bluetooth device trying to connect, or an app that uses bluetooth conflicting with the processing on your mobile device. We recommend disabling bluetooth prior to streaming an event, for the best experience and optimal connection. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
New Neighbor

From looking at this forum that is a canned response. Why did it work before firmware updates with Bluetooth on. I need a different answer or it might be time to make a switch. Thank you
Highlighted
New Neighbor

This is horrible!  IT IS A DEAL BREAKER.  You need to get the app working correctly and not have it go through BLUETOOTH.  It's really ridiculous that you can't figure out how to make a decent app.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

No, I do not like your answer.  Your proposed workaround is not acceptable.  Please fix this problem.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

This is ridiculous! I have 3 cameras and I can't check them without my phone being connected to wifi! It work fine before the firmware updates! I'm with you Deal Breaker!