cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring App Update: Control Center

Highlighted
Community Manager

Ring App Update: Control Center

At Ring our customers privacy and security is important to us, which is why we are excited to introduce the Control Center to your Ring app! This new easy to use dashboard will give you the ability to view, access, and change even more privacy and security settings for your Ring account. Read further to learn more about this exciting update that brings all your security settings into one location.

How does it work?

Open the main menu in the top left corner of your iOS or Android Ring app then tap “Control Center.” Once in the Control Center you will be able to view and control your Ring accounts privacy and security settings. Two of our favorite features in the Control Center are “Authorized Client Device,” where you can remove the list of devices that are currently authorized and “Linked Accounts,” where you can manage the external apps and services linked to your account. 

Where can I access Control Center?

The iOS and Android Ring core app. We will update you here of any future availability in your Ring desktop app and Ring.com account.

Is a Ring Protect Plan required for this feature?

No, this is available for all our neighbors within their Ring app. 

When will I have this feature?

The Control Center feature began slow rolling out on January 30th, 2020. It is currently available for all neighbors. 

Want to know more? 

Check out this Ring Help Center article link for a full overview of the Control Center. 

Are you enjoying the new Control Center? Reply below with your thoughts on this new feature.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
New Neighbor III

Re: Ring App Update: Control Center

I got access to the Control Center in my Android app today. Some feedback:

• Two-factor authentication really needs to support multiple phone-numbers or other methods of ifentifications
  • Authorized Client Devices: The names of the devices are fairly cryptic. You need to show the location of the device and the lasted used date.
  • Authorized Client Devices: You have a bug - the "Back" button in upper left corner doesn't work.
  • Not sure if this already happens but it would be nice if the app alerted you that a new device was added.
  • You should be able to turn OFF usage data collection and analytics. Any legitamate app allows you to turn this off.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

From the list of Authorized Client Devices, how does one remove device(s) no longer being used?

For example, I upgraded my phone, and no longer use the old phone. However, the old phone is still showing in the list. How do I remove just that?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Neighbor II

The only way is to remove them all. They don't allow individual selection for some strange reason.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Hello,

This is a step in the right direction but falls short of expectations. 

• View and Remove Authorized Client Devices: See and remove all the phones, tablets, and computers that are authorized to log into your Ring account

I don't want to remove "all" of the devices, only a select few but the only option is to remove them all. If I did that, how will I be able to access my account? I have a few devices listed but the description of some of them requires an advanced degree in IT to decipher what they actually are. 

• Active Law Enforcement Map: This map shows how many police departments have joined the Neighbor’s app, including in your local area.

When selecting "view active agency map" I get a "can not open map" error message.

The control center also needs an option to "opt out" of third party apps data collection.

Still waiting for "Modes" feature......

Highlighted
New Neighbor

The MAC Address would be useful to show with the device name Ring uses.  It would eliminate any confusion as to which device is listed.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @YK2000,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the "Authorized Client Devices" section of the app. I have shared your interest in the option to remove select devices from the list, versus "Remove All" as it is currently. Please feel free to check out this Community article as well for more information about this feature. 

Regarding the message you received when selecting "View Active Agency Map," I have not been able to replicate this. If you can please delete and then download the Ring app to see if you notice any changes, it would be appreciated. If it does not, please contact our support team as they would appreciate helping you with this concern. 

Thank you again for your feedback!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have gotten into the authorized client list and find several that are not mine, how do I get those off the list and deny access?

Highlighted
Neighbor II

You need to delete them all and then sign in to each device you use. There is no option to pick one or two. But I did it myself since I wanted a clean slate. Especially if you turn in the 2 factor authentication. Then no one can have access without the code that will be sent to your phone.
/* */