Ring App Notifications Deteriorated

When I was a part of the beta test for the newest updates to the Ring App for Android, I had not only a small snapshot of what had triggered the notification in the pull down, but also an option to View or Snooze. What happened to the View?? Now, when I get a notification, I only have the option to snooze the notifcations. There’s no View option and you have to repeatedly hit the notification before it takes you to the app which of course, takes time to load the live feed. So, by the time I get through to see what triggered the notification, more often than not, whatever did, is now gone! And if that’s the case, I then have to wait until the video has been processed before I can go back and look at it.

This needs to be fixed or you need to tell me how to fix it.

This really is just unacceptable. The pull down notifications used to work really, really well and as you’ve made ‘improvements,’ it’s gotten worse and worse. Please! Fix this problem! At the least, it’s frustrating no end and more than that, is making me rethink my decision on the product itself.

Hey @nightsmusic. Thank you for your feedback here on this situation. We have recently removed the View option, as both the notification itself and the View button had the same functionality. Therefore, removing the View button allowed for just the option to hit Snooze to disable the alert for however long you needed, and you could click on the notification itself to view it now. We have gotten this feedback from other neighbors as well that do not like the change, so rest assured we will pass this on as well to the appropriate people as well.

When it comes to discussing matters from a Beta program, please remember not to discuss anything beta related outside of the project page on explorer.centercode.com. If you submit a report in the project you are participating in, the team can respond to you there. In addition, I recommend checking out the Rapid Ring app to see if this helps with loading your Live View faster when you get notifications. :slight_smile:

I’m sorry. There’s no way to edit that out so it will have to stay.

However! I can whack that notification all day long and somewhere around the 15th or so time, it will finally take me to the app. I have a Note 9. I don’t have an old phone by any means and it’s got the latest OS on it so I shouldn’t have to tap that notifcation more than once. This has been going on since whoever it was removed the ‘view’ option from the notifications. Since I don’t add apps to my home screen, I rely on the notifications but these don’t work other than the snooze portion of the notice.

@nightsmusic Thank you for that additional information, and no worries on editing your post. Totally fine. :slight_smile:

Could you try removing the Ring app from your phone, rebooting your phone by turning it off/on and then reinstalling the app to see if this helps the overall performance of the notification loading? In addition, please try the Rapid Ring app and let me know if this has the same problem. Lastly, I would love to know if the notification answering has more of a delay on wifi vs. mobile data, or if there seems to be no real difference.

I’ve actually uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice including wiping the phone cache the second time. It didn’t make a difference.

I’ve downloaded the RapidRing app and will report back once I get a notification but I’m rural and most of my notifications are during the day from the roaming animals.

For the notifications themselves, they come through immediately, but the connection to the camera is through WiFI. I’ve used the mobile data but they’re about the same but again, I’m in a rural area.

Well, the notification went off this morning on the RapidRind app. I pulled down the notification bar, hit the notification and…nothing. Had to try a dozen times. i don’t know what’s going on, but it’s frustrating. I don’t have a problem with the touch sensor, everything works fine except for the Ring notifications. I’d just really like to see the ‘view’ option come back. That worked every time.

@nightsmusic Thanks for giving that a try and reporting back to me! To be honest, this is the first time I’m hearing of this report of the app being slow to load the notifications. I’m happy to have a member of my teams look into this further, but they normally would like to see a video to show this delay. It is possible you have another phone that can record you attempting to open up this alert to showcase you having to press it multiple times and then having that long delay? This would be most helpful!

When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as Youtube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Alternatively, if the video is saved in the Event History in your Ring App, you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated.

I can try. I’m still trying to get a video of my phone calling home when I try to look at the real time video while in the car. We’d talked about that in another thread. But tonight will be the first time we’re out and about together since this whole thing started and I need cooperation from hubs to help so we’ll see. However, I’ll see what I can do. Thank you!

1 Like

@nightsmusic Appreciate that a lot! If it doesn’t work out well and you can’t get the video, no stress, I can still flag this with my teams to see if they can review it with us. Thanks again! :slight_smile: