cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring App Feature Request

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Security Cam Application Feature Request

I have a simple request that would greatly improve my personal satisfaction with the product. I have a standard job schedule but often work from home (2-5 days a week but never on a consistent schedule). While I have a schedule programmed to notify on all weekdays, on the days I'm home it's very annoying to be required to snooze my cams every 4 hours (and having to do this 3 times to prevent constant notifications). Is it possible to increase the snooze slide up to 24 hours or at least 12 hours? Additionally, if recording could be disabled during this time, I believe it would greatly increase battery life (even if this is a mode selection, etc.). Hopefully this is a quick and easy request that could be completed. Thank you!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring App Feature Request

Hi - desperately wish you had the following

1. Ability to arm/disarm motion detection for doorbell and flood cam via Alexa (with pin code)

2. Ability to disarm doorbell & flood cam motion detection and lights based on geolocation (so when someone is home we don't get alerts or lights don't go on)

3. Ability to snooze the lights only (not motion detection)

4. Wish the light infrared detection could tell the difference between steam from our boiler and a physical being

5. I know it's controversial but I would like to have facial recognition so I know when my kids get home

6. Select which echo devices get the alert when connected to ring via alexa

7. Change the tone of the ring doorbell (in device)

8. Not have motion alerts for animals. It's still they get recorded but I don't need to be alerted a bird or fox is outside my door

9. With FireTV, it's not that helpful to go to video as really I can just get up. What would be better is for the chime/announcement just to happen

10. Alexa command to turn an individual flood cam light on. For example I need to go to the end of the garden and don't want it automatically switching off

11. Allow triggers in Alexa routines

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Neighbors App - New Alert Type Suggestion

I live in a suburban area where lately we have been having spottings of coyotes and foxes.  Some neighbors post these spottings (always tagging them as safety alerts), which I appreciate as a dog owner and when I see these posts I notify my neighbors who take their smaller dogs out for walks at night.  The problem is that there are a number of app users who will respond to the post with rude comments (many of which I recently flagged as inappropriate) and statements that such notifications are not appropriate for the community.

I have two requests 1.  Please make clear in community guidelines that these posts do not violate the community rules and 2. Consider making a separate type of alert for spottings of wild animals that may be dangerous to small children and pets.  While I do not agree with how the neighbors who object to the postings regarding wildlife belittle those who make these posts, I can understand their frustration if these activities do not concern them.  The current "safety" alert type covers many possible activities (missing child, unsafe drivers, etc.) so by opting out of receiving notifications regarding "safety", you would avoid receiving notifications regarding dangerous wildlife but would also not be notified about these other safety concerns.  If you were to create a type of alert specifically for spottings of dangerous wildlife, the users who rudely object to such postings can opt out of receiving notifications regarding them.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Neighbors App - New Alert Type Suggestion

krodaddy,
Great suggestions. I see these posts and replies a lot in my neighborhood as well. Let’s hope Ring can implement these very soon.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

There's a small glitch in the Ring app with alerts and motion snooze (that works as it should in the Rapid Ring app). If you have one of these two apps set to alert on motion but not on ring, you can snooze motion in Rapid Ring even though ring alerts aren't enabled but motion is - which is how it should work. But in the Ring app, you can't snooze motion alerts unless both motion and ring are enabled - if only motion is enabled and you try to snooze it you get a notice that you can't snooze motion unless it's enabled - even though it IS enabled.

You should be able to snooze motion in the Ring app as long as Motion alerts are actually enabled - regardless of whether or not Ring alerts are enabled in the Ring app.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I would like to see the ability to snooze motion from a tile instead of opening the app.

Better yet, it would be nice to snooze camera motion if the alarm system is disabled.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

My house is on a very narrow street. For the people motion range to capture up to my property line, the vehicle motion zone band extends across the street and halfway up my neighbor's house. I wish there was a way to narrow the car motion band so it was actually on the street. When I move it so it's only on the street, the human motion zone is so narrow it doesn't even catch my mailman.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Neighbors App - New Alert Type Suggestion

Good suggestion to either clarify the "safety" settings or create a new "pet safety" type alert.

I just caught a fox on ring cam.  I had no idea they lived in my yard and its sight was stunning.  As an animal owner, protector, and lover I found it to be useful information to know and share to protect pets and to mind the protected red foxes.  I received instant literal hate speech for posting.  What a shock.  I thought ring would have a friendly neighborhood community, but I guess there are trolls everywhere on the net.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Keep trying to watch your house and family, as no one else will
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I would also like to see #2 feature added to view live from any pc .