Ring App Feature Request

I did actually find a way to see the percentage. But it involves using another app. It shouldn’t be hard to do if another app can see the information.

What app is it?

It’s called Simple Command in the Android play store. They may have an iPhone app as well.

I think it may not work today. The connection to Ring was down before.

One feature that I had on my old security system that I loved was when I’ve armed home or away, all my smart locks would automatically lock.

Having the ability to have it automatically unlock doors when disarming the system would be a nice feature too.

I love the feature of disabling the alarm when entering a passcode on the lock.

1 Like

Please ready the community forum titled Disable keypad’s “full battery” indicator LED light. People have been requesting for months that the full battery LED indicator on the keypad be disabled with no reply from RING.

1. Ability to change date format for different parts of the world (AU = dd/mm/yyyy - usually)

2. Ability to select entire day’s worth of recordings (for deleting or star’ing).

2 Likes

Why is there no option to pull up recordings from a specific date? The lack of filters/search makes the UX design horrible!

1 Like
  • Filter by date/time. I am in a high crime area and the cops frequently ask for footage from a specific time frame. Would be great to be able to narrow this down without scrolling through every video.
  • In a similar vein - the ability to batch-download videos would be most helpful when providing footage to law enforcement. It is very tedious when they ask for a two hour period and each video has to be individually downloaded.

Thank you!

2 Likes

this is similar request to mine…please provide a Kudos to my original suggest for this to get some traction…thanks

A date sort, or date filter, whilst also having “date” in the request, is completely different to my requests for a different date format, and the ability to select an entire day’s worth of video. Unless police were asking you for a specific day instead of a specific time frame.

Your suggestions have merit though in their own right so Kudo’s given :slight_smile:

For Ring Doorbell:

Skype allows the background to be blurred. Would it be possible to add a feature that blurs the background while moving objects and especially a person in the foreground remains in focus. Perhaps combine with privacy zones so that a neighbour’s property is blurred-out but we can clearly see somebody approaching the house/door.

I just discovered the Rapid Ring app, but I think it would be great if this speed was built into the native Ring app so I didn’t have to manage two different apps

I have 2 spotlight battery cams. One is mounted above my door, under a metal awning. The audio that is recorded or heard in Live View is awesome… But sometimes a little too awesome… When it rains, hitting the metal awning, the audio attached to any recording or ‘Live View’, sounds like machine gun fire going off 1 inch from your ears… Lol… My request is… Can there be an option to adjust the MIC LEVEL on my device, or any device… per device… ??

I realize that i can lower the volume on my phone or tablet when listening, however, if a voice is being recorded at the same time, and the voice is a lower volume than the rain’s machine gun fire… the voice may become inaudible… So lowering the overall mic level seems like a quick and easy solution…

Thanks

1 Like

Love the two factor authentication but with married couples, roommate etc, two people need to be able to receive the texts. Please enable a way to have a second phone number texted the code or enable two factor authentication with email account instead.

Possible Scenario: Spouse #1 travels to Asia, 12 hour+ time difference. Spouse #2 stays stateside and needs to make changes to account. We have joint email but if current solution texts phone and phone is Spouse #1’s phone, Spouse #2 is out of luck. This can be vice versa the next week. See the problem.

1 Like

Rapid Ring notifications need to have the ability to be replaced by Ring notifications. If my phone is in Do Not Disturb and I don’t see the Rapid Ring Notification until 2 hours later, clicking the notification should being me to the event so I can see what triggered it, not to the live view where nothing is going on.

This could be done by making the Rapid Ring notification expire after a set time, and if no new motion has been detected in that time, Ring then displays a notification that links to the event. This prevents me from having to clear the notification and between through the Ring app to find the event, and instead let’s me get directly to it from the notification.

Rapid Ring only does live view. That’s what is was made for. The Ring app will take you to the event.

That’s the problem though, is that my notifications after the fact are all Rapid Ring notifications. If I get a Rapid Ring notification, I want the live view of the event; a Rapid Ring notification from several hours ago when no motion has been detected since is not useful, which is why I want the Rapid Ring notifications to go away after the couple of minutes and instead have Ring notifications after that

I used to have both notify me. But it was redundant. I only use the Ring notifications now. They do come in a minute or less after an event for me.

Camera motion alerts only when Ring-Alarm is armed in “away” mode

I just got my ring alarm and it would be nice to have a feature for some of my cameras, especially my indoor cameras, to only have motion alerts when the alarm is in “away mode”. I dont need a motion alert everytime I walk through my living room, but I would like a motion alert when I have turned on my alert and left for work. Seems like an easy enough automation.