Ring App Feature Request

Are you looking at introducing a date sort or Date filter feature for recordings. Sometimes i need to review oldest footage but its a cumbersome process to have to scroll from the latest to the earliest recordings via mobile app and via the web. I live in a very high traffic area and despite my attempts to reduce the false triggers, i do end up with a lot of recordings and i have to scroll through a few recordings per day to scroll back to the date period i want.

If you don’t have this on your todo list would appreciate if you could consider looking into such a feature

Thanks

2 Likes

I have a stick up cam and solar doorbell on my back terrace. No AC available. Is it possible to get the back terrace doorbell and/or the stick/up cam to chime when the front doorbell is pressed?

Please can you add a feature to rotate the video view (and also select activity zones in the correct orientation)? I’ve bought a Ring Door View, to fit in the pre-existing peep hole… However the door also has a knocker, and the Ring can only be installed sideways or upside down! Thanks!

The ability to completely disable the siren, or move the button for it so that it’s not directly next to the settings option after selecting the ellipsis. I don’t want to accidentally turn the siren on in my daughter’s room but it’s bound to happen eventually with it’s placement and inability to be disabled.

Would like to see added to iOS 3D Touch menu the ability to Arm/Disarm. Currently When you touch and hold the ring app in IOS, the menu includes viewing the doorbell camera only, no Alarm features. This way we would not have to open the app to arm or disarm the alarm.

1 Like

I second apple2e’s suggestion of motion zone schedules. To have them would avoid all those false alerts created by car headlights at night. As it is I’ve had to massively reduce the motion zone to avoid them which restricts what it can see in the daytime.

4 Likes

Adding to LB2019. I am dealing with the same headlight issue. So zone schedules would help - but also wondering if someone from Ring has any suggestions on how to reduce those headlights setting off motion detection. I want to see any motion in my zones (not just people, which I know would help reduce false positives). I’m made a rather large cut-out for the road to keep it from any motion zone, but I still get alerts from car headlights at times.

4 Likes
  1. The ability to set up different motion zones with more options. Specifically recording certain zones but not notifying, while notifying and recording for others.

2. Another vote for automatic mode changing based on device location. I won’t use any cameras inside that don’t know when I’m home and stop recording.

Further, a night mode (to record once we go to sleep) is necessary for indoor cameras.

4 Likes

I have this question too. I get people calling me at odd hours of the night…especially if I’m selling something on Craigslist. So I use the DND also.

Can you add battery percentage number next to the battery on the contact sensors please on iOS and Android ?

I did actually find a way to see the percentage. But it involves using another app. It shouldn’t be hard to do if another app can see the information.

What app is it?

It’s called Simple Command in the Android play store. They may have an iPhone app as well.

I think it may not work today. The connection to Ring was down before.

One feature that I had on my old security system that I loved was when I’ve armed home or away, all my smart locks would automatically lock.

Having the ability to have it automatically unlock doors when disarming the system would be a nice feature too.

I love the feature of disabling the alarm when entering a passcode on the lock.

1 Like

Please ready the community forum titled Disable keypad’s “full battery” indicator LED light. People have been requesting for months that the full battery LED indicator on the keypad be disabled with no reply from RING.

1. Ability to change date format for different parts of the world (AU = dd/mm/yyyy - usually)

2. Ability to select entire day’s worth of recordings (for deleting or star’ing).

2 Likes

Why is there no option to pull up recordings from a specific date? The lack of filters/search makes the UX design horrible!

1 Like
  • Filter by date/time. I am in a high crime area and the cops frequently ask for footage from a specific time frame. Would be great to be able to narrow this down without scrolling through every video.
  • In a similar vein - the ability to batch-download videos would be most helpful when providing footage to law enforcement. It is very tedious when they ask for a two hour period and each video has to be individually downloaded.

Thank you!

2 Likes

this is similar request to mine…please provide a Kudos to my original suggest for this to get some traction…thanks