Ring App Feature Request

Thank you for the feedback @apple2e, I moved your request to the feature request board so other neighbors can kudo it if they are interested in this feature as well.

I have my office in the Garage and I have separate wifi chime there.

I need it to work at my working hours and my other home chime to not work at these hours.

Basically some kind of schedule.

This will prevent all family to come from all places at each doorbell ring event.

Please please please … add app controls for volume control and mute to the “playback” of events. POOR USER DESIGN to make the user use overall phone/ring voume buttons to reduce the volume or mute playback of incidents. Often I get events at work, and really just want to view the live or recorded playback, not needing to hear the audio. Surprised this wasn’t just obvious to original app designers. Please???

1 Like

I agree with the thumbnail request. The current issue is that when you click the motion notification, it opens up the camera live view. The problem with this is by the time the camera loads, whatever caused the motion is long gone. Please add thumbnail to show what triggered the motion so we do not have to open the app and wait for the video to upload to the cloud to see it.

10 Likes

My ring cameras (3) are the least connected equipment in my smart home. Perhaps a niche request but the community is eager to develop new features and integration points, all they need is a proper open API (not a super closed ecosystem).

I also would like the ability to access video feeds directly, at least for wired devices (2 wired floodlight cams). The fact that I can’t view a live feed for hours (it times out after a few minutes) makes the otherwise excellent product useless for many application. If I had the ability from the app to enable ONVIF protocol on the LAN, this would bring these cameras to a different level and I’d be the first to buy a few extra ones.

1 Like

For security cameras, if multiple motion zones are setup for a camera and those zones are named when an alert is triggered have it convey the name of the camera and zone name. Currently it will only provide camera name even if there are multiple zones created.

3 Likes

haptic touch (the long press on ios) and android widget on the app icon for key functions:

* arm and disarm

* lock and unlock

1 Like

Just like unlocking a lock using the physical keypad, have an Unlock of the lock in the app also cause the alarm to Disarm.

2 Likes

The one feature that I miss about my former alarm system is the indication on the keypad that all the doors and windows are closed. We really liked seeing that green light on the pannel last thing at night.
You could use a combination of the existing lights with just a software update. Anything to indicate that all the contact sensors are closed. That would be really nice and would add to the considerable convienence of the Ring system. We all would use that feature daily. Thanks.

1 Like

I would like to have the option of the thumbnails in the dashboard showing live views, whether in the iOS app or OS X app, as this is a useful and common feature of video surveillance systems.

Please update the Win10 app so it more closely matches the mobile apps. It doesn’t seem to support any Alarm functions, Doorbell Motion Snooze, Neighborhood Alerts…etc.

Thanks for considering.

1 Like

It would be handy if you could enable/disable motion alerts for specific motion zones. I would like to have one motion zone always record motion however I only want to receive alerts if motion is detected in a different zone. It would be nice if the motion alert contained a thumbnail of the motion that caused it to trigger as well.

Additionally, it would be nice if I could mute the outside chime when the doorbell is pressed.

6 Likes

… wait, #2 has been possible for a LONG time.

On the thumbnail request, my last video doorbell (other vendor) would not only grab a thumbnail of the motion event, but it would also show on my iWatch. I like getting notices and the snooze options on the watch, but it would also be great to get the motion event.

2 Likes

Yes an app for linux would be awesome!

New Ring Alarm kit is great and already has device link to enable lights and recording when alarm is triggered but not siren. The addition to have the siren on the floodlight cams (and other supported cameras ) would be great given the Alarm kit doesn’t contain a external siren / bell box. The base station will go off in the property but what about externally? Please can you add to the feature request list? Thanks.

2 Likes

two requests:

1. I would like to set my Ring Security alarm to prompt me daily at a set time to enable Home mode. Or maybe a setting where I can customize times for each day to enter Home mode automatically. Not to Disarm, and nothing that would override Away mode automatically. Just a helper feature to remind me to enable Home mode on evenings as a matter of routine.

2. Ring-compatible Schlage lock: I’d like to establish independent passcodes that don’t also work to disable Ring Alarm (i.e. for deliveries to my garage). And if I add a second lock, I would like to program access codes for that independently too. In other words, I still want locks connect to Ring for alerts and tracking, but I want to establish different access to different doors, and restrict which codes can disarm.

2 Likes

I hope this is an easy one to implement. It seems that it might be.

Right now, when I play a video back on my (Android) phone, 25% of the screen (at the bottom) is covered by playback controls that appear for the first 2 seconds of the recording. After this initial period, the controls disappear and can be “toggled” back with a tap of the screen. On the Ring Doorbell 2, this bottom 25% can cover a lot of the close-in area of interest (sidewalk, porch, etc.). So, the controls often covers whatever might have triggered the recording. And, if the triggering object leaves the screen inside that two second startup, I’m unable to figure out from the app what it was. If the playback controls overlay weren’t “locked in” during the initial 2 seconds but, instead, could be dismissed (or toggled) with a tap of the screen, then this masking wouldn’t be an issue.

3 Likes

Add widgets to arm/disarm the alarm, lock /unlock connected door, directly open live view. Also add deep link activities to allow shortcuts from Nova Launcher and the like. Long press deep link shortcuts would also be useful.

3 Likes
  1. I bought several Ring devices due to frequent break-ins that suggest stalking. The police where I live refuse to investigate, despite obvious evidence of forced entry, unless I have the incident on video. Last week someone broke in again and left obvious evidence and property damage. My Ring doorbells and cameras caught every motion event, including false alarms, except the break-in. The burglar didn’t cut power to the house, which leads me to believe that they jammed the wifi.
    I did a little research and found out that Simplisafe sends alerts when it detects interference. I ask that Ring do the same.

2. Because stalking is an issue for many people, I ask that the Ring app also show which devices are logged in to the user account so that evidence of stalking may be presented to legal authorities.