Ring App Feature Request

Ring Android App Dark Theme:It is not just a good idea, it is a necessary one. Sitting in a dark room with this app on is annoying with as bright as it is ATM. If I close my eyes even for a minute and the chimes go off, I am blinded by your glowing whiteness. How is that for not being able to act quickly to your app?

Also, I have automatic pop-up on my phone, doesn’t work, all I get is a 5 sec notification at the top. But, Dark Mode is way more important as I keep my tablet on with the app up and it blinds anyone in the chairs that sit near me and they ask me to turn it off, making it useless.

On the “Camera” Screen, is where the Dark Theme is needed. It looks like you have exactly what is needed on “Event History Timeline.”

Screen Rotation added to “Cameras” screen, I hate to have my tablet set up sideways to see the screen.

With the “Event History Timeline”, again spot on with the color scheme here, HOWEVER, it would be nice to have the two current screens made into one. By this I mean, in order to see the timeline “dots” below is one screen that makes you turn the tablet sideways, again. It would be nice if the full screen, horizontal view, simply let you see the full screen or with a touch of the finger a slightly smaller video with the timeline below it. ATM the horizontal image only show the full screen video and to see the timeline by date you have to go back the the vertical view. Why?

Also, why does the tablet app have a setting to set off motion detection for human sized object, but my phone app does not? Maybe the tablet has an older app, if that is the case, please find a way to bring size of an object back as an option.

The phone app has distance and frequency, but not size. My mail man will not set off the motion alarm, but a neighbor’s cat will.??

4 Likes

When you star a Ring video clip, allow a short memo to be associated with it.

Makes identifying the starred video much easier.

4 Likes

If you have multiple motion sensors on your property, you know what happens when your gardener (or any worker) works around your house. You must “Pause” each Ring device, one-by-one.

It would be very helpful to have one, or both of the following two features added to the Ring App:

1.) A “Pause All” button - to pause all motion sensors with one click. Still using the selectable time-frame.

2.) A “Mute” button - enabling the motion sensors to continue to operate, but mute the notification noise for all of them, for a selectable period of time.

Ideally, the above two features could work on the phones, as well as PC’s and Mac’s.

4 Likes

Awesome requests everyone! @Mr_DC I’ve moved your wish list items over to this apps feature request board, so they can be shared with the others. Thank you for sharing :slight_smile:

Thank you @Marley_Ring!
I did not know there was an apps feature request board.

1 Like

After my Wife doing a suprise 40th birthday party for me she said to me that there needs to be a way to disarm a camera so she can sneak in a cake or something. LOL

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback & Happy Birthday @veener79 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would be great to have a still image in the notification when the door bell is pressed.

9 Likes

It would be nice if the App was available on TV operating systems like WEBOS. This would allow the ability to be watching TV and check an alert and video directly on the TV screen.

5 Likes

It would be very useful to have the doorbell optionally play a pre-recorded message after a few rings without an answer. That way, the doorbell could almost act like a sort of voicemail. I think some other devices similar to Ring have this feature, and it’d be cool for Ring to have it as well.

12 Likes

Thank you Ring Development for acting on my suggestion so quickly (see attached jpg file of new button). It’s a great help…at least for me. Hopefully for others too. ?

20190916_172310.jpg

1 Like

Not strictly IOS or Android, but would be great if you could have the option to automatically show the live feed of a camera (when motion is detected of doorbell is pressed) on the Echo Show or Fire TV. Would be even better if you could schedule when that happens.

2 Likes

I would like to see the ability to schedule an announcement when motion detected. The announcement would says that recording has been activated. This would act as an additional deterrent in case a potential burglar hasn’t noticed a camera. It may not always be obvious there is a camera. Especially when you have two bright lights from the flood light.

2 Likes

Is the Mute all button being rolled little by little to users? I have seen it noted on redit, but I still do not see it on my phone.

I don’t see a way to password protect Ring on my cell phone. I do not & cannot use a phone password for various reasons.

I’d like to see when I click on the icon, require a pin each time I open the app. (Unless it is already open). If this is already in place, I can’t seem to find it. Please tell me where to find it so I can activate it.

A flaw in the Ring app.

I sat at my dining room table going to everything that I could see on the app & even all settings. I could remove a divice with no problem or disable it. However, if I lost my phone & a dishonest person gets it, if they figure out or know where I live, they can deactivate or remove all of my devices & gain access to the house.

4 Likes

Ideally, there would be a toggle that I can disable recording. Right now, I have to click through 3 layers to get to motion settings and then disable “motion zone”. There has got to be a better solution. When my wife and I sit on the deck in the evening I have to keep turning off the spotlight until I googled how to disable it.

3 Likes

Glad you asked @DarinWillFixIt! The Ring app is intended to make you feel like you are always home, with readily available alerts and access to ensure the best monitoring experience for peace of mind.

Aside from the commonly used lock screen options on mobile devices themselves, there is actually a feature in the app called “Two-factor Authentication” which will require a second layer of authentication upon logging in to the app. Of course this would only be useful if you wanted to log out and back in to the Ring app constantly, which we do not recommend for the best experience.

In the meantime, consider your request shared with the team.

1 Like

Good news @cceddie95! We are launching a feature in November, which will make your request a reality. The Modes feature will give neighbors the ability to choose from Home, Disarmed, or Away which each feature unique functionality such as disabling all Cams at once and more! Check out our Community article on Modes for more information :slight_smile:

2 Likes
  1. Because of the location Near a road without fixing the front porch (Vibrations and sun reflection from windshields) I get a lot of useless alerts caused by large or fast moving vehicles. Human detection would help.

2. The other day I was expecting a large package canada post did not ring the doorbell but left the notice had to pick it up myself. Human detection would help.

3. I have lag sure I could hard wire it and buy a third party power supply from amazon but it would not solve my other problems. I have a good signal and ring chime pro.

So I’m switchig to a Eufy doorbell cam

3 Likes

An option to remove Neighbors from the dashboard. For that matter an option to opt out of the whole neighborgood thing. I turned off the alterts, but the space on the dashboard is still just a distraction. I get that this neighborhood thing may be a value add for some users, but for some it is not. I just want an alarm system and cameras.