Ring App Feature Request

We have the co2 and smoke listener and when we cook sometimes it sets our fire alarm off which in turn sets our ring alarm and then we get the call which one time we didn’t here and they dispatched the fire department luckily they called back and was able to cancel the fire dept. There really needs to be a snooze feature or bypass for like a 20 or 30 min time frame feature for this device.

Wouldn’t it be great to have a ‘previous’, ‘next’ button choice when playing back Ring videos on the browser interface?

A simple suggestion for developers…

1 Like

Suggested this as well.

I have 6 cameras. I know there is some great deer footage on January 2 from my Side Yard camera. I can’t get there without scrolling past ALL the motion alerts of ALL cameras for the last 20 days. If I could just select: Camera, Motion, and date range, that would be awesome.

1 Like

Can you please have a feature under “History” in the dashboard to have an option to filter the cameras individually? For instance, to be able to group all the Doorbell recordings separate from Stick Up cam and other cams individually? Most of the time, I want to check a specific camera and what went on from the Dashboard History without having to click on the camera itself, then the settings button, then “Event History.”

In general the filtering abilities of the both the app and web version for the Event History seem painfully limited, and would benefit from some major changes:

• The ability to filter video clips by date–even a very short date range–would be really welcome. (e.g. “Show me clips from 1/5/2020 - 1/6/2020”)
  • Alternatively, a more elegant way to jump backward through pagination, rather than just the infinite scroll, would be fine. (e.g. Jump to Page 10 of results)
  • The existing Star filter needs to pull from a broader data set. It is really aggravating in its current implementation in that it only seems to pull back very recent starred videos, and this seems to really limit its usefulness.
  • All of the above would be REALLY good for the web version, too, not just the smartphone app.

Here’s a few use cases that have come up:

• A neighbor had a package stolen on X date, and it wasn’t caught on their camera. They asked us to see if we caught anything on ours. I spent literally 10 minutes going through the infinite scroll to try and get to the correct date. If I changed the camera filters at all, I had to redo the entire exercise.
  • There was an altercation that happened on the street near our house, and our cameras caught it. The police asked for video on X date, and, again, I spent probably 5-10 minutes just scrolling back to the videos for that date. (It was 3-4 weeks in the past at that point.) I starred a video of the incident and shared the link with the police.
    • Other than the pain of scrolling, the real irritating part was when I wanted to look at some clips before or after. It’s then that I realized that the star didn’t even show up when I used the star filter because it was too far back (despite not starring ANYTHING else). So, I couldn’t even jump back to the specific starred clip using the star filter, let alone trying to jump back to that point in time to review other videos around it. I had to go back to scrolling.

Sorry if this is a repeat. I searched and then did a visual scan of this topic, and didn’t see it.

I’m a business user with 8 locations each with multiple cameras. Each location has its own protect plus account but I’m the owner for all of tthem so my App shows all locations. The feature I would like are

1. Adding a user and giving them access to a number of locations at one time instead of having to add the same user to each location separately.

2. the ability to log users access so I know when users have used the system

3. Add a super user who can also add users and receive email notifications eg my IT guy as currently all notifications for low batteries etc come to me

4. The ability to add other emails to receive notifications eg my managers if their camera battery is low

Thanks - happy to Beta test if you like as I love the system personally and Im trying to expand it as a viable business option

2-Factor that’s only available via SMS is intrinsically insecure (SIM spoofing and number-hijacking are common).

It would make more sense to use something like an authenticator app to generate rolling codes (e.g. Google Authenticator), or a USB/Bluetooth security key (e.g. U2F like yubico.com).

See https://www.pcworld.com/article/3225913/what-is-two-factor-authentication-and-which-2fa-apps-are-best.html

I’d rather just not use 2-F than do it via SMS.

1 Like

I would like to recommend a change to the Ring App. Under Motion Setting, can you display to number setting for distance?

Why, because when I called tech support, they mention a good setting is between 5 and 6 and mine was set to 6.

This would be really helpful when dialing in the distance we want.

Thank you,

Jim

Please add a second phone number And allow user to send the security code to either one. I don’t see a need for my spouse to have to setup another account, we have enough logins to keep track of. Several of the financial institutions we deal with allow this.

Love you system.

Thanks

I’ve got a Kindle fire hard wired next to my front door. The goal was to be able to always see who was at my front door when I go to answer the door. I don’t always have my phone on me to see the ring notifications and it takes so long to open that by the time I get to the door it becomes pointless to even open the app.

It would be great if there could be an Alexa routine that would open the video feed (not just the app but the actual video) when the doorbell is pressed and/or motion is detected. I’ve read tutorials online that can hack this with 3 different apps but I could never get it working. Currently, I’ve got an echo dot setup with a routine to say “Alexa, show me the front door” and that works but it’s not the most elegant solution.

Could you add the ability to controlat least a single zwave outlet when on the cellular backup? This would allow you to reboot your internet and regain connectivity if there’s an issue

Hi, I would like the option to turn off and on chime. It’s a little much when having a party and people are coming in and out.

It seem someone already asked for scheduling, but wouldn’t it be easier to just have the option to turn it off?

Thanks!

@Zim wrote:

And/Or ROKU!

+1, Adding a ROKU app to show your cameras would be very helpful.

We have multiple entrances in a large property and need the ring Chime Tone to alert us which entrance the doorbell is being rang. Every time Someone rings the doorbell we have no idea which gate, garage or doors the person is at unless we have our phone in hand. We are having to run from one side of the house to the other to find out where the person is located.

I was only able to find 3 names for doorbells and 3 names for cams that MAGICALLY APPEAR as options in the Device Settings/Alert Settings/App Alert Tones page IF you EXACTLY RENAME the device as the following:

For doorbells the options are: - Front Door - Back Door - Office

For Cameras the options are: - Backyard - Front - Side

Please add additional Additional Sounds in the App Alert Tones page so we know which ring doorbell is being pushed.

Example of Keywords Sounds in the App Alert Tones page that are missing: “Someone is at your “Gate, Font Gate, Side Gate, Garage, Mailbox, Intercom, Side Door, Laundry Door, etc… PLEASE FIX

I would like the ability to add thermostat control to the dashboard, instead of having to drill down to find it to adjust settings.

The event history timeline feature is extremely useful but has one really frustrating quirk (especially when snapshots are enabled).

When scrolling through the feed the “Live” button is in a really inconvenient place and it’s easily activated which then shifts you into a live view. If you have scrolled back several days then you are forced to start all over again. If the “Live” activation could be moved away from the scroll area of the feed that would be perfect.

1 Like

We have several cameras outside our home. Each is titled differently, but the only ‘voice’ alerts in the Ring App are ‘motion at your front door’ and ‘motion at your door’.

All of the other alerts are cute sounds and tunes.

It would be nice to have more voice options to alert us to which camera has been activated, such as:

“motion in your backyard”

“motion on your side yard”

“motion in your driveway”

“motion in your garage”

4 Likes

Is there a way to view all of the cameras in a grid layout? I have checked the standalone Mac app and the web app, and all I see is that you can only view a single camera at once.

Thanks,

Steven

Hi Ring Team

PLEASE could you introduce event filtering, at least by day and/or time window. Surely this isn’t complex to do!!

I have three of your cameras for my home and it’s an epic pain to try and ascertain if there were any events over the past week (or more) during a given time windows (eg 0001 -0600hrs)

This makes your app incredibly frustrating to use and totally impractical to use.
Thanks