Ring App Feature Request

The really cheap $20USD WyzeCam worked with xnor ai to add human detection and reduce alerts

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing! I’ve moved this over to the feature request thread to ensure it makes it to our engineer team. We love hearing everyones wishes, and sharing them with the team, keep 'em coming!

1 Like

Need a “snooze lights” feature similar to the snooze motion alerts. Use case: after dark we sit on patio and the lights constantly come on due to our motion. Have to manually go in and turn off the lights motion zones. And then forget to turn them back on. Need a snooze lights feature.

13 Likes

Just wondering with all these ideas get that tossed out to Ring is there a way to help with Beta testing? Before I switched over to Ring I had Arlo cameras and I signed up for a Beta program they had and it was found to be usefull. I have Beta tested for MS for years and years with Windows so it got me thinking if Ring does Beta testing with their customers.

5 Likes

Awesome ideas everyone! Our team is really enjoying seeing the value in these wishes.

@veener79 our beta testing program is invite-only at the moment, however, we will pass your request on to the Beta team for consideration. Thanks for your interest!

3 Likes

One feature I would like to see is the option to see a snapshot of the event that triggered motion on timeline. Xfinity does that and it is nice to be able to glance down at timeline and say, ok that’s the mailman, that’s the wife, this person I don’t know so going to look at this clip, etc…

10 Likes

For iOS app: create Siri Shortcut hooks that allow the Shortcuts app to toggle Motion and Ring alerts as well as start a “Live View”.

5 Likes

Huge IT/tech person here, I would also be interested in Beta testing stuff

It would be awesome if there was a Ring “app” for Apple TV/FireTV/Roku etc. where you could go in and just see your camera feeds.

14 Likes

Nest’s Hello Doorbell can now tell you when a package arrives and the Wyza Cam can tell who is a human to reduce alerts when will ring get AI ? These are updates to already deployed products…

2 Likes

I completely agree my mother and uncle are not very tech savy people having an android tv app or ring tv app would make it simple to review the camera footage BUT they should not be able to delete without providing the password.

That is my one concern some people leave their cell phones or computers unlocked and a commited person who breaks in could go and delete the recordings…

2 Likes

I’d like to suggest an additional Alert Type for the Neighbors app: Wildlife.

Maybe even call it “Uncategorized”.

Many of my neighbors are fascinated by wildlife videos caught on Ring, but some neighbors are bothered by it because they see the Neighbors app strictly as a security alert app.
If we could have the additional category/alert that is not selected by default for alerts, I think everybody will be happy.

4 Likes

Ring Android App Dark Theme:It is not just a good idea, it is a necessary one. Sitting in a dark room with this app on is annoying with as bright as it is ATM. If I close my eyes even for a minute and the chimes go off, I am blinded by your glowing whiteness. How is that for not being able to act quickly to your app?

Also, I have automatic pop-up on my phone, doesn’t work, all I get is a 5 sec notification at the top. But, Dark Mode is way more important as I keep my tablet on with the app up and it blinds anyone in the chairs that sit near me and they ask me to turn it off, making it useless.

On the “Camera” Screen, is where the Dark Theme is needed. It looks like you have exactly what is needed on “Event History Timeline.”

Screen Rotation added to “Cameras” screen, I hate to have my tablet set up sideways to see the screen.

With the “Event History Timeline”, again spot on with the color scheme here, HOWEVER, it would be nice to have the two current screens made into one. By this I mean, in order to see the timeline “dots” below is one screen that makes you turn the tablet sideways, again. It would be nice if the full screen, horizontal view, simply let you see the full screen or with a touch of the finger a slightly smaller video with the timeline below it. ATM the horizontal image only show the full screen video and to see the timeline by date you have to go back the the vertical view. Why?

Also, why does the tablet app have a setting to set off motion detection for human sized object, but my phone app does not? Maybe the tablet has an older app, if that is the case, please find a way to bring size of an object back as an option.

The phone app has distance and frequency, but not size. My mail man will not set off the motion alarm, but a neighbor’s cat will.??

4 Likes

When you star a Ring video clip, allow a short memo to be associated with it.

Makes identifying the starred video much easier.

4 Likes

If you have multiple motion sensors on your property, you know what happens when your gardener (or any worker) works around your house. You must “Pause” each Ring device, one-by-one.

It would be very helpful to have one, or both of the following two features added to the Ring App:

1.) A “Pause All” button - to pause all motion sensors with one click. Still using the selectable time-frame.

2.) A “Mute” button - enabling the motion sensors to continue to operate, but mute the notification noise for all of them, for a selectable period of time.

Ideally, the above two features could work on the phones, as well as PC’s and Mac’s.

4 Likes

Awesome requests everyone! @Mr_DC I’ve moved your wish list items over to this apps feature request board, so they can be shared with the others. Thank you for sharing :slight_smile:

Thank you @Marley_Ring!
I did not know there was an apps feature request board.

1 Like

After my Wife doing a suprise 40th birthday party for me she said to me that there needs to be a way to disarm a camera so she can sneak in a cake or something. LOL

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback & Happy Birthday @veener79 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would be great to have a still image in the notification when the door bell is pressed.

9 Likes