Ring App Feature Request

I would also like to see #2 feature added to view live from any pc .

I would also love to see an app made to be able to access Ring cameras from Apple TV. Hopefully the developers will begin working on this.

2 Likes

I would like a push notification if any of my devices goes “offline”. The app seems capable of identifying devices that have not been seen on the network for an extended period (seems like about 24 hours?) and indicates that with the slashed WiFi icon; I’d like an option to send a push notification as well whenever this is flagged. I have several devices in fairly remote locations (connected via solar-powered WiFi hotspots) that I don’t necessarily check on every day, or even every week sometimes, so I’d like to know if I’m not recieving motion alerts because there’s no activity, or because the device is no longer online.

I would like the ability to disable the live view timeout (currently 10 minues) on the Windows RING app.

1 Like

I’m on the other side of the coin on this… I view the wildlife videos as unnecessary and annoying because those animals have a wide range and you should always be vigilant because they could always be around, but I applaud your request because allowing us to filter what we see would solve this problem. I made this request 6 months ago. I showed back up today to ask again.

People near me fight about whether wildlife should be posted all the time. This would fix it.

1 Like

Please create alert types for wildlife and missing persons so we can filter these two types of alerts from notifications and/or our feeds.

Between people posting about bobcats, people uselessly asking if I know the person who rang their doorbell, and the new, non-local, cold-case missing person posts, my feed (which is supposed to be local and based on the original purpose of the app, recent—not 46 years ago) is 75% useless. If I wasn’t paying for features tied to my cameras, I would delete the app. If the product gets progressively less useful, I will consider replacing my cameras with a competitor’s.

1 Like

I am happy to hear that although we are on opposite sides, we agree on the solution. By having a separate alert for wildlife spottings, people like yourself can opt out of receiving notifications about these alerts as well as opt out of having them listed on your feed. Everybody is happy!

Can you make a iOS app that doesn’t randomly crash when using it?

Currently the version 5.21.1 does not play well on an iPhone XS running iOS 13.3 as it is constantly crashing. These crashes are not limted to viewing recordings or live video, making device setting changes or setting the alarm.

While many of us as Ring neighbors appreciate being notified when there is wildlife sightings because we have small pets or children, there are some who do not wish to receive these notifications. Perhaps there could be an option to opt out of a specific notification with the label Wildlife (ex: Coyote). Unfortunately there are those who need to behave poorly when the rest of us are attempting to actually be neighborly.

I recieve an email when the alarm goes off.

I wish I could get a differnt alert tone for when the alarm goes off. I get Delayed Entry and when the alarm is armed and unarmed. All 3 sound the same. I would like a really loud annoying tone that when the alarm is triggered I get an email and a uniquely different tone for the alarm.

If you have an Android phone you can set different times for different notifications

Ring team please add point number 1 of vcdxb. It looks like you kinda can if you have the alarm but I only really want the cameras! but disabling based on geolocation would be nice or atleast a simple home/away button to override the motion schedule and allow you to stop recording inside cameras would be nice!

1 Like

And/Or ROKU!

The Android App has a location filter under the hamburger menu. I do not see a similar functionality for the Windows 10 app. Is there a way to filter the Windows 10 app so I only see devices at a particular location?

Location in this context is geopgraphic sites, so for example my home address and my mother address, where the devices have been shared with me.

–Rob

2 features, i will like to see:

Apple TV App (To make it secure, may be add Text message Code/OTP confirmation) everytime.

Group Camera feature on Macbook, ipad app or apple tv app. That way, we can add any cameras (Indoor/Outdoor) to group and then cast it to TV for monitoring. Companies like Yi Camera offer this feature in app. This is helpful for us when we have party and want to monitor kids in basement.

1 Like

I would like if Ring camera had a mode setting for ‘motion alerts’ and ‘record motion’ triggers so they optionally could be set to only trigger if the security system is armed. Door sensors and motion sensors have this option.

There’s a switch in the app called a mode setting for ‘away’ and ‘home’ on door and motion sensors. If this option was available for cameras, an indoor camera like the new stick-up cam could be set to not alert or record anything unless the security system was armed.

1 Like

Hi, when sharing your ring with other ring users, you can see the combined event history which is great, however you can’t tell (from what I can see) who performed a live view or an answered motion.

I would like to be able to either in the desktop or mobile app to go to the next video, really a pain to have to go back and select the next one especially since there is no indicator as to which one you just viewed. In addition, if you go back in history it jumps you back up to the most recent.

Will there be an option in the future to download the snapshots into a time lapse video over a certain period of time? Thanks!

I need to schedule disabling of ring alerts for myself, but otherwise follows the shared alerts schedule used by everyone in my household. The shared schedule includes alerts during the workday, which I don’t need nor want, but others do.
If I had a personal schedule to auto-disable alerts - just for me - then I would be spared recurring work interruptions when I forget to manually silence alerts while at work.