Ring App Feature Request

I live in a suburban area where lately we have been having spottings of coyotes and foxes. Some neighbors post these spottings (always tagging them as safety alerts), which I appreciate as a dog owner and when I see these posts I notify my neighbors who take their smaller dogs out for walks at night. The problem is that there are a number of app users who will respond to the post with rude comments (many of which I recently flagged as inappropriate) and statements that such notifications are not appropriate for the community.

I have two requests 1. Please make clear in community guidelines that these posts do not violate the community rules and 2. Consider making a separate type of alert for spottings of wild animals that may be dangerous to small children and pets. While I do not agree with how the neighbors who object to the postings regarding wildlife belittle those who make these posts, I can understand their frustration if these activities do not concern them. The current “safety” alert type covers many possible activities (missing child, unsafe drivers, etc.) so by opting out of receiving notifications regarding “safety”, you would avoid receiving notifications regarding dangerous wildlife but would also not be notified about these other safety concerns. If you were to create a type of alert specifically for spottings of dangerous wildlife, the users who rudely object to such postings can opt out of receiving notifications regarding them.

3 Likes